Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Santa came early (Again)

FastPaul

Look what show up tonight, A Serf ? Price was right, $0 I'm not sure what it is but I think it a serf' What is it ? It I'll be shiny soon

That is a nice price, and I hope you don't have to park the wifes car outside now. Well have fun and I hope it soon looks as nice as the CT-10. Benjamin

Hi I am glad that tractor is going to a good home! Does the engine run or is seezed up? I am sure it will be thankful once you get her up and running and restored. Take Care Jason B

Says in your profile mamber since 12/3/05. You never jump in with both feet do you?[:0][:0] That looks like a great project for next week end.;);)

Looks good for the price, can't wait to see what it looks like when you are done with it. Just tell your wife that you need a tractor for each attachment, then get lots of attachment......she will understand.....:D

Nice find for free Paul -thats closer to my pricerange. It looks more like a 600 series Yeoman than a Serf. I dont have any pics of my 515 but yours looks a tad bigger but not big enough to be a Broadmoor. The broadmoor would be close to the size of the T10. A Yeoman is one of the missing links in my collection. You should have that done by tomorrow, yes? :D-

It looks like a Broadmoor to me. Possibly a System 5008 without the hood decals. I think the yeomans had different hoods than the broadmoors and that has a broadmoor hood. I think it just looks small because the tires are too small, looks like they put 13"s on the front instead of the stock studded tires.

'.she will understand.....' She ain't gonna understand when she's outside scrapping ice off her used to be warm car window Mike. Paul better build a tractor shed quick or at least try leaving the light on in the shop at night. His tractors need more work too do, they have way too much time on thier wheels.

Nice find Paul, Your collection of tractors is growing fast.;);) Looks like a Broadmoor from 1973-1975? I have a Allis Chalmers 608 from 1974 that looks like that.

Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]

Nice price and I see the brood is getting stacked a little tighter. I quess the Sears is off the list now. I have to say it looks like a Broadmoor also. 5008?? Steering wheel is throwing me a curve ball though.

I believe you have a System 3008 Broadmoor. The 3008 is the only one that had the short lift lever for the mowing deck on the right side. The large lift lever has been added from an older tractor and is not the same as the one that was an option on the 3008. The optional lift lever kit was MFG #1690117 and was located more to the rear of the one that is on your tractor now.

Thanks guys for all you input, After looking at what I could find on this site, I think it might be a 1975 Yoemem, It has the same size tires for that year and model. Also it's the only year I find the hood to be cream not orange. I did find the E brake and rear pto pulleys missing,Would a Serf trany have the same parts? I was given a parts Serf but haven't been able to pick it up yet? Also UCD I could of sworn you replyed with soom exellent info, Were did it go??

Paul, The last model year for the Yeoman was 1973. The Yeoman had the throttle control on the top of the dash tower and the electric start models had the key switch on the right side of the dash tower along with the light switch, if so equipped, and the battery mounted high behind the grill in front of the engine. There was no ammeter and no hole or knockout for one. Yeoman tractors had no front bumper. The wheel base of the latter Yeoman was 36 1/2". The Broadmoor System 3008 tractor had a front bumper. Tire sizes were 13 X 5.0 - 6 front and 16 X 6.50 - 8 rear. The dash tower had a hole for an ammeter that was plugged, a plugged hole for a light switch, the key switch and the throttle control all on the rear side of the tower. The wheel base was 41 1/2". The identification plate was located on the frame in front of the seat pan. Is that the identification plate on the right side of the frame in your picture? If so, does it have an ID number or MFG number on it? Everything that I can see in your pictures except the large lift lever, that I mentioned in my former post, points to your tractor being a Broadmoor System 3008. Here's a pic of member pofarm's 3008: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/pofarm/simple1.JPG[/img] and another of bud119195's 3008 in the lower right corner of the pic: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/uploaded/bud119195/4SOME.bmp.jpg[/img]