Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-1 Rebuild(32 Day's later)95% done

FastPaul

Got a start on the B-1 today it came apart quite nicely.Looks like Some preasure washing and sanding will be next!!

Startng to go back together! Still a log way to go.

Got a little more done today. [img]/club2/attach/Fastpaul/19713314 094.jpg[/img]

Got a few things in the mail today I'm Still waiting on the decals'seat and axle tube bushings,at least I have half a tractor!!

Seat decals add axle tube bushings came in today.It took a while to figure the seat out,It's not quite the same as the one that came off. the fenders were a little pitted ,the seat pans going to take a lot of work . One more day closer!

Well guy's 32 day's and a lot of hours its almost done I just have to tie up some loose ends I'm waiting on the muffler ,the PTO from AC Killer and some fine tuning looks ptetty nice don't ya think?

Who,s next

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MPH

• FastPaul

• Chris727

• MDB

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had a B-1 that went all to pieces like that a couple of years ago....[:0]Sure is a lot of work to do them up right like you are doing, I can hardly waite to see how this one comes out.

Man, you don't waste any time. Looks like that one is going to turn out pretty nice as well. Just noticing that bench top. Is that stainless?

Thanks Jonn, Yes it is stainless,18 feet x36" the stair treads and other misc.stuff around the garage too.That was one of my projects a couple of years ago.

I must be doing something wrong because it took me all afternoon to remove the running boards, then do a rough sand and prime job on the frame of my MF16. Last time I came that close to a complete dissasembly of an AC was my B10. That has been in the works for over 6 months. Do you sandblast these to bare metal?

quote:
Originally posted by Chris727
I must be doing something wrong because it took me all afternoon to remove the running boards, then do a rough sand and prime job on the frame of my MF16. Last time I came that close to a complete dissasembly of an AC was my B10. That has been in the works for over 6 months. Do you sandblast these to bare metal?
Thanks Chris I haven't sandblasted annything yet ,But the seat pan on this one might need to be.I have a 3300p.s.i. preasure washer hot with a turbo tip ,it's so strong itwill take decals and a lot of paint off, It's a big time saver.

As always, that looks great. I just can't figure out where you find all this time. I'm retired and still can't keep up with all my regular chores, let alone spend the shop time I would like to. Keep up the excellent work, we all love your pictures. Even though you make us look bad.