Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 312

boncbo

Hello All, I am new to the AC and Simplicity brand but they seem like very stout tractors. Anyway I am going to be acquiring a very well kep 312 with a dozer blade w/electric lift, mower deck and cart. the unit has been very well cared for and never left outside. Is there anything that I should be on the lookout for in terms of problems with this unit? Anything that is a common problem? Any help would be great. I will try and get some pics posted when I pick the unit up. Thanks in advance, Bob

Wecome Bob, Your going to enjoy awsome site! Any ?'s you have, someone here will know. As for the tractor, Buy it,you can't go wrong!! There like potato chips, you can't just have one. Good luck!!

Yes Welcome Bob!! I'm not real familiar with the 312 but some one will be along that will be happy to answer all your questions.
quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul
There like potato chips, you can't just have one. Good luck!!
Listen to Paul...he's got it bad;);)

Make sure your oil level in the bevel gear box is where it belongs. The main reason the bevel gear boxes go bad is people run them low on oil or with very little oil in them.

Congrats and welcome. I too am unfamiliar with that model so can't help you there. In order to post pics you will have to become a member but it will be the best ten bucks you ever spent.

Welcome to the greatest tractor club on the internet... I have two older B series and Simplicity Landlord 101, there slightly smaller tractors. And one AC 416 witch is the very semiler tractor as your 314. Just a year newer. There all great but i cant get over(and other that drive it) how well it steers. There is a couple of great tips around here for cleaning, adjusting the car like steering gear box that you might check out. Oh yes and you will find I cant speeeel or form a readable sentence some time, but love to work on and help other restore and rebuild some fine tractors, AC/Simplicity. Welcome Dan Hardin

Thanks to everyone. I am looking forward to bringing this one home. looks to be a great unit. Where is the best place for me to acquire manuals and such for it if i may ask, and I agree that this is a great site and that there is a lot of great information. thanks again, Bbob

Here is a downloadable parts manual for your tractor. http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_400_3791_00_XX_A.pdf And here is a repair manual http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_500_3483_00_LT_A.pdf Check out this post made by UCD and it will exsplain how to navigate Simplicity`s technical publications site. http://simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=55768

The 300 and 400 series AC's don't seem to be too popular with the folks around here. I think they were made when the guvt. made AC "divest" itself from Simplicity in the 70's.There's very little if anything that crosses over to a Simplicity. Having said that,there's I believe a 416H at the dealer in the next town,that can have a home in my garage anytime!8) Welcome!

I have a 416 with shuttle drive that my father in law bought new. Runs great. Dont care for the shuttle, but it is a stout tractor. He plowed his potatoes with it, and had a dozer blade for it that he used to open the driveway for quite a few years. I have the dozer on my 3212 Simplicity and it fit perfectly. Bevel gear boxes are the same as simplicity models so there are some parts that cross over. I had a 312 that I parted out. It was a variable speed with electric lift. Had some motor problems and I needed the bevel gear box for my 3212v. Good tractors all around.