Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Vickers problem

richp

I just converted a shuttle to vickers hydro on a 7014. The problem is the wheels won't turn. I have it jacked up and checked the neutral release lever and it works fine. I have new filter and filled up tank. It doesn't seem to make any noise like when under load. I disconnected the linkage to pintle and am controling it from where pintle comes out back for test purposes, this way I get full travel. When at end of travel, It does feek like somethings happening, but no movement. I removed pipe plugs from top of pump and fluid pumps out fast, so I think pump is working. Both relief valves look fine as do the springs. I am stumped. Any ideas?

If it's pumping oil as you say out of the plugs, and it sounds as if it's "doing something". I'd check the coupling or a gear in the rear end. Also could be the spider gear cluster or sheared key in the diff. Dissengage the lever, start the engine and give the pintle a little stroke so it should be turning the pump. Then slowly engage the neutral lever and if the hydro is turning it should scrap the gears a little. This should help iddentify whether the trouble is before the lever or after it in the transaxle.

I tried engaging neutral lever under drive and no grind. Where is the coupling located? I wish there is a way to see if the output gear is spinning. Does anyone know the working pressure of the pump?

Is there the disengage feature on the Vickers? I thought there was, it has been only 3 years and 6 tractors since I used a vickers. If there is, are both stems in up position?

ron on the vickers units like my 3112h the disengage lever is to the rear of the transmission just above the where your hitch ball would go on the rt rear. On mine there is a metal tab that has to be pushed up and the lever moves left right to engage/disengage.

I just unbolted the pump/motor and reached in to turn the input gear in the trans and the wheels started turning. This should eliminate the trans as the problem. It must be somewhere in the pump or motor. I have the Simp. large frame repair book, but I was wondering if there is more detailed info out there on the Vickers? Also, does anybody know the Napa part # for the hydro filter?

Also, does anybody know the Napa part # for the hydro filter? [/quote] I used a Napa one once, am at work, so don't have part #, pretty sure it was same as 70's BMW oil filter. PM me if you can't find it & I'll check this weekend.