Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Anybody have experience with Kioti machines

roma3112

Fellas The wife and I are building a new home and I was looking at some machines to do some landscaping ect in the spring. I would love to get a legacy but I dont think it will be strong enough to do what I want. I looked at kubotas and Kioti. A kubota bx series with backhoe is like 16k the kioti machine is less money and has a larger lift capacity and the backhoe is a little more sturdy (it seems). I have no experience with this brand of tractor at all. I know a korean company makes them and they have a plant in the USA, but that is it. Do any of you folks have any opinions on this brand? I want to stay in the 15k range, I may sell the machine after all the projects are done, but if I keep this I would be very concerned about spare parts over the long haul.

If you are going to buy for the longterm,Buy a Kubota.There are enough dealers around that parts should be no problem.The Kioti look like they are a offbrand Kubota.I wouldnt be afaid to buy one of them either.The bx series are one of the better tractors on the market.Around here the Kubotas are a pretty common tractor for landscape,or homeuse

Most rental companies around here rent the Kioti trac excavator. I guess if they trust then to rent out, they must be pretty good. Elon

John have you looked into used tractors? I know there harder to find but you'll get more for your buck,I almost bought a Kabota L-4610 A 2000 for 20,k no backhoe, Another 5-7k for one Lucky the day before I was going to pick it up I found a 1999 New holland 2120 w/9'Woods backhoe 1000 hrs. for 16k at Padula Bros. In Luneburg Ma. not to far from you This has been a great tractor very strong. Happy hunting

I have a Kioti LB 1914. That's 20.5 hp. I bought it used last spring to replace a grey market Mitusbishi that I liked, but the hydraulics wouldn't handle the tractor mounted orchard sprayer I use. I looked at everything and had about decided to buy a new Kioti when one with only 130 hrs popped up on eBay. It was close enough to home that I could pick it up myself so had the chance to check it out before I parted with the money. The low hours were legitimate as the old guy who was selling it had a bad heart and hadn't been allowed on the tractor for two years. It is a brute of a little tractor and seems to have alot more power than the 20.5 hp it is rated at. I prefered the Kioti over the Kubota due to overall weight (the Kioti is much heavier than a comparable size Kubota) and hydraulic lift. I will admit that if I could have justified the money I'd have bought an L-Series Kubota. So far parts are no problem. There's a dealer nearby and the plant that someone mentioned Kioti had in the US is actually a major distribution center in NC. There's a Kioti site on tractorbynet you may want to check out, plus a Kioti factory site for specs and such. My personal recommendation is if you must by new, buy the Kubota...it will hold it's value forever. If you decide to buy a Kioti, buy used...they don't hold their value and that $15k new Kioti will bring you about half in a few years if you decide to sell it. That's my two cents worth and I hope it helps. Darryl

Paul/ Darryl thanks for the imput! I have plenty of time to decide on what to buy but when spending thhis kind of money it is no good to rush; and it is always good to get as much feedback as possible. We got the foundation in today hopefully mother nature cooperates in the boston area.

Did you look at any of the american tractor brand compacts? I know they are built in Japan also but might be worth looking into.