Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

716H Allis

RayS

Karl, I found me one today as well. Got it for $50.00 now I have a hydro for either the Homelite that I have been wanting to do or This 716H. Kinda always wanted to do a Homelite T-16.

I just paid $60 for a set of tire chains! I am curious, I have the Simp. 7016. I can not find lights for the brackets on the side (or at least I do not want to pat $25 apiece). Would a hood like yours fit perfectly on mine and are that style of lights easier to come by? Perhaps I should be shopping for just a new hood altogether...plus your color looks so much cooler! :)

Eric The 7000 series came with both styles of head lights The hood off from a late modle 700 series Allis or late 7000 series should fit. I believe that the 900 series Allis & 7100 series Simplicity would also fit.

I like the orange also. Repainted 7117 to that color. And have spare hood that I would like painted and put either 917, 919 decals on. Or the 17 Gth-L decals. I also have brand new side pods with original lights in them. I too experimented with putting newer style lights in them. Never came out the way I wanted.

Nice find for 50 bucks. looks like last owner had a serious gas problems. I'd have a hard time partting out that complete looking of a tractor.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Nice find for 50 bucks. looks like last owner had a serious gas problems.
Took me a little bit to figure that one out Marty :D. That is the first seat pan that I have seen that bad.

Thanks Maynard. Do you or anyone know if the actual bulbs are any easier to come by for the late madel tractor? I like the look of the early model better (in Allis colors), but if I am constantly stuggling to find bulbs, then what's the point? If these bulbs are still available, I think I will put a want ad out there for a new hood.

Come to think of it Ray (ahem), do you happen to know where I can find a late model 716 parts tractor with a good hood? :)

I have a hood for a 7016 6 speed but I need to check the condition. The lights for the later style (lights in grille) are available and a auto supply store. I think that the last ones that I bought were at CarQuest and around $5.00 each.

Erik look back at talking tractors pg.2 headlight bulb for 3314 theres info there about lights ,also on the classified section theres some for sale

quote:
The 7000 series came with both styles of head lights The hood off from a late modle 700 series Allis or late 7000 series should fit. I believe that the 900 series Allis & 7100 series Simplicity would also fit.
UCD is correct with the 7000 series Simplicity early & late and 700 series A.C. early & late will all fit. However, the 900 series A.C. & 7100 series Simplicity hoods are longer and wider (at the top)and do not fit without some "modifications". Dan

quote:
Karl, I found me one today as well. Got it for $50.00 now I have a hydro for either the Homelite that I have been wanting to do or This 716H. Kinda always wanted to do a Homelite T-16.
The seat is also not bolted down.:o);) That is the first rear fender I have seen that is rusted out.[:0] Nice find for $50.00 Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]

I just got in a few tractors. A 3416, very straight, that's the pod lights I have listed. The hood's very straight too. A 710 6-speed, square headlights in the grill. And a 7117, with round headlights in the grill. Most all of the sheet metal is fairly straight a availiable if you interested. If you do change to a grill headlight setup and want to stay factory, I'd suggest the latest models w/ the round headlights. Since they run an extra wire for each bulb and ground them hard to the frame they seem to give a lot less trouble. The square headlights ground through the bulb caseing and hood and after a little rust they can cause a terrible headache trying to keep them working.

Thanks for the tips. Great ones! I have found a few of the bulbs, but they are not manufactured any more and I don't want to struggle to find functional used ones (or NOS) for the remainder of the life of my machine - which I fully expect that to outlast me! Thanks though FastPaul. And thanks too for whoever directed me to the replacment bulbs a few months back (it may have been Ray). I called the distributor and they said that their bulbs too were no longer being made So I guess that in time, I will look for a good late model hood to replace mine. Lloyd are you reading this? Keep your eyes open for one, preferably an Allis late model with the lights in the grill....I like the color better. :) You seem to be the closest option for me and come summer, I am up in your "neck of the woods" more frequently. No rush though, I don't like working in the cold so maybe sometime in the summer.... Erik