Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Spray can yellow for B-1 ??

FastPaul

Gentleman, I know I've already asked the queston on the original yellow for the B-1,But can anyone tell me what would be close in a can.Cat yelow is very close to the B-112 but seems to dark for the B-1. I looked for paint today, But everything seems to be to bright.I don't really want to go through the hassle of mixing up a gun for a project that you can only do a little bit at a time ,but I Want it to look close to original as posible Any suggestions?? Thanks

A paint supplier that stocks PPG paint can match the paint that you want and put it into spray cans for you. Take a piece of the tractor to them and they can match it. I think that I have read somewhere on here that NAPA will do it as well but I am not sure.

I used pre 1992 JD construction yellow on my 112. Thought it was pretty close at the time but after I took off the mower deck covers it's quite a bit more gold then the OEM.

There was some discussion of a Van Sickle spraypaint that was intended to match the original AC paint for the B-Series. It is special order only and last I heard they had not perfected the formula. I never bought any myself, ended up getting PPG for my B10, haven't sprayed it yet so I can't really say much about it.

Guys thank you for all your help, after looking at alot of pics and what avalable to me I've decided to go with the old Cat yellow. It looks a lot better than rust. Thanks again!!