Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Older style hydro lift on newer tractor

roma3112

Fellas i got a line on a 7112h for short money, but it does not have hydro lift. I have a complete set-up from my parts 3112h has anybody ever used a hydro-lift from an old sovereign onto a newer one?

There is no dash support assembly in a 7100 series that you can mount the pump from the hydro lift assembly of the early style tractors to. Dave has a complete set up in the classifieds that will go right on without any hassels.

ray thanks I saw the ad it was more than i wanted to spend i am picking up the machine for under a hundred so I just wanted to see if i could do it with what I had on hand. thanks

Wouldn't the 3112 set up be worth more for resale? If you have a 7112 H You have most of what you need already.and do not have to modify anything just my 2 cents worth, but modifications usually cost more than anticipated.

You should be able to sell your 3112 hydro lift setup and buy the hydro lift setup for your 7112H and have money left over.

:( darn guy sold the tractor out from under me for double the asking price :( didnt even give me a courtesy heads up:( Ohh well wasnt meant to be

Thats a bummer, just looked at Dave's add, you couldda bought it, sold your B series lift set up and taken the "speaker of" out to dinner with the change.

Brent Ikard spoke for it this mourning. I wish I had another one for you. BTW, I would have traded you your B-series style for the one I had but I didn't know you were looking for one. Course I didn't know you had one to let go of either.lol

Dave Actually the unit i have is on the sister tractor to the 3112h in my profile. My great uncle(s)bought the machines on the same day new back in 69 one uncle took great care with it and used it a few times a year, the other uncle had kids and destroyed it. I eventually inherited/ bought both tractors the bad one I keep as a donor because they are identical. The only reason I would have contemplated using the hydro lift on another machine was that I would have both machines. I think the only thing on the donor tractor I got rid of was the hood/grille I gave to kent wnenn he visited me, the other mechanical stuff I am kind of hording for a rainy day that hopefully wont come for along time :)

You could always use a longer belt, and mount the unit outside the frame, on a homemade bracket. Don't think there is any room inside to put it, unless you relocate the gas tank. Also don't think it will fit underneath unless you mount it below the driveshaft.