Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HB-112 or HB-212 ???

SharkyEd

Hi I was just wandering if anyone knows the differance between a HB-112 and a HB-212. My tractor says HB-112 on the side panels and HB-212 on the serial No. tag next to the key. It has Hydro lift and Hydro drive with a 12 HP Briggs. I just picked it up this summer. I got two 5 pos.46" snowplows, 42" inch mower deck and a 36" inch tiller with it. It runs good with no smoke and everything works good. Only problem I can see is when in reverse it barely moves, Is there an adjustment for this ? Thanks!!! SharkyEd

Does it have a raised hood like this? Just got my B-112 back together. I bet on the serial # over the side panel as that could be an easy swap.

Go to the menu bar on the top of page, go way rt to SimpletrACtor, if you want to learn a lot about these ole tractors, bring a snikers bar, your gonna be awhile. Welcome to the club

No it dosen't have the raised hood on it and the seat has armrests and backrest. Otherwise it looks the same. Thanks MPH

Sounds like have an OEM seat. Mine is a bobcat seat I bought 5 years ago for it as even the wood was rotted off the OEM one. That was before I found this site and the used parts network here.

Ed, try this adjustment. Anytime that I have had problems with the vickers moving slow in reverse it was do to it being out of adjustment. Also make sure that the linkage that hydrostatic control handle is hooked is not binding on or being pinched by something else. The side panels to me sound like they were replace at one time or another. Welcome to the club.

Welcome,Ed,you're just a fer piece down the road from me.I'm in South Bend,and have a cousin with a Mill Creek address.

Hey guys thanks for all your expertise on these old tractors, I'm going to try that adjustment for the reverse problem that makes a lot of sense. And thanks to everyone else's input. I'm not really sure if I'm going to restore or not It's in such good shape and original I hate to mess with it. It could use a paint job, but looks pretty good now. I also have a 718H and Simplicity 7116, The 7116 needs the motor rebuilt, I rebuilt everything on the 718H and new paint job too, I just never could find any decals for it. Well I just thought there might be a differance in the HB-112 and the HB-212 that someone might know about. Thanks for everything.

quote:
Originally posted by SharkyEd
Well I just thought there might be a differance in the HB-112 and the HB-212 that someone might know about. Thanks for everything.
The major differences are the hood and steering wheel.

Hood steering wheel and center PTO is different but they will interchange. The B-212 used a double pulley and a double v belt Most were converted back to single v pulley with a kit Simplicity had available.