Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wheel size ?????

Glacier

What are the size and make of car wheels people are using to put the tall narrow ag tires on the rear of the tractors. Jeff

Any Ford Ranger, Bronco II, or Explorer will bolt onto the tractor. They all have the same bolt pattern ( 5 on 4 1/2" bolt circle ) -Paul

I used 15 inch dodge caravan space saver spare tire rims for my narrow front projects. These have the correct bolt pattern (5 on 4 1/2) and are narrow enough for a 6.70x 15 inch ag tread tire. All you have to do is torch out the center flange and they bolt right up. Here is a picture of what those rims look like on the tractor. [img] /club2/attach/tractormike/IMG_1036.JPG [/img]

The larger tires do increase ground speed but on both of the ones I built I changed the pullies to slow it down to close to the original speed. On the massey I put a smaller pulley on the motor and the allis got a larger pulley on the tranny. The allis is a little slower than stock. I haven't tried plowing snow but I know that going up a sand hill with the massey it pulled quite well.