Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
tej

A/C 611lt Grass catcher not working well

Kent
Hi Jeff What do you mean by baffles ? I got the blades new from local dealer and he said they use a straight blade on the left because the 11hp motor does not have enough torqe with both blades lifted. Do you think I need both hi- lift blades ? Thanks alot danb

JeffNemes
Baffles are used to direct air flow and clipping direction. The front baffle for the catcher directs the clippings toward the rear of the discharge opening to help send them up the tube. The 36" Regent catcher has gone through 3 variations. They started with semi-high blade on discharge side, then went to semi-high on left and full lift on discharge side. The latest set now uses full lift on left and full lift with "notch" on discharge so that clippings are not spun around again to the opposite side but "released" into the chute and sent up the tube. Both sets will work but yes I think the latest set (which must be at least 10 years old by now) will work better. Also make sure belt guards are off the belt when engaged and your mower belt tension is set properly - 3/8" in high cut position. Standard blades are used with the turbo although we have some customers using it with the hi-lift blades - if grass looks ragged too much turbulence is being created and the grass is being blown downward. Like belt design - it is a science of it's own. Also blade pitch should be level for your model.

tej
I just got a grass catcher for my simp 4111/a/c611lt and it cloggs all the time I have the hi-lift blades for it which is the right blade with a hi lift and a left blade which is a regular blade any suggestions to making it work better thanks danb

Kent
If the grass is wet or damp it will stick - particularly in the chute area. If this is the case you may need to side discharge until the grass gets dry. Also you will need to travel slower to give it the time to work properly - keep throttle on fast and try 2nd gear, if still not good try 1st gear. If the grass is higher than 3-4 inches keep the mower on the highest cut setting and take only half a pass at a time. Check regularly for grass buildup underneath and clean when needed. Also make sure you have both catcher baffles underneath - a long straight one in the front and a small short curved one at the rear discharge area. The latest blade design uses hi-lift blades on both sides with ths discharge side getting a slight "notch" taken out of the wing. There is also an optonal "turbo" fan available to help out in heavy conditions - but they can get clogged too under adverse conditions!

PGL
Jeff I think its the belt adjusments the belt stops are always up against the belt so i think i am losing power I need to due some adjusting thanks for the info