Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

NEVER Forget

MPH

To at least triple check you got these in place. I Know I put them both on at one time, but when I found one picking up odds and ends I felt a little sick, its just a washer.

but it goes there

It might been faster to strip it down to pull the engine, but I hadda try without. Good news is, it is possible, but was an hour and half a little tough on the nerve ends.

Marty How sad is it that I knew where that washer went just from the first picture, Ive been there:( When I refurbished my 3112h I had a problem with the flywheel keys shearing, I had to take that engine out soo many times that I was like a one man nascar pit crew. ONE other important tripple check that I found out the hard way is to make sure that there is oil in it after putting it all back together. Glad you got it back together, are you working on your new slab?

" are you working on your new slab?" and lovin every min of it. hard on my feet but the cardboard helps that a lot, something I learned from my dad after he finally had a shop with a floor. "If that was an RBT, you could easily get to it from underneath." Ya your right Rod, even Simplicity had to save metal someplace to make the running boards outta.

The concrete has paid for inself already by haveing that washer show up. It could have been lost forever had you still had your dirt floor. Nice save. BTW, I don't think there are any of us here that don't recognise that particular washer and know what it means to come up short with one.

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
" "If that was an RBT, you could easily get to it from underneath." Ya your right Rod, even Simplicity had to save metal someplace to make the running boards outta.
Kinda my thoughts too.....

At least I don't have to remove the dashboard and gearshift tunnel to hook up the rear of my driveshaft. :p:p:p

You forgot the hood and firewall Ron. I'll be the first to addmit Simplity did some backslideing in thier engineering form the 725 to the B-112i. Mustta been the AC input. Reminds me of changing the cylinder bars on a model 66 pull type AC combine. Hadda have a skinny kid around the farm to crawl inside the darn thing. ME. Still won't trade you though.

First Marty, then Mike, now Roy. Methinks they are ganging up on me. Roy, I won't tell them that you also have an RBT, if you won't tell them I have a FDT. Oops!! :D:D

Another thing to remember when reassembling is to have your generator belt on before attaching the driveshaft to the engine. That has cost me some time.

And make sure driveshaft is bolted down before starting motor. Took me a week to straighten every thing out.

When I put the 14 Hp Kohler in the 61 Wards, I came up short one of those washers. I used two thin washers to replace it and finished the assembly. About a year later I was working on the 716H and had the engine out of it. I had the washers laying in one pile in the floor when one of the kids walked by and kicked them sending them all over the garage floor. I crawled around on my hands and knees looking under things trying to find all of the washers. When I went to reassemble the driveshaft, I found out that I had one extra washer. Couldn't figure that out till I remembered assembling the Wards. Moral of the story: You don't usually lose things. They just hide from you for a while, then show up when not needed.

LMAO!, yup, open frame, and put the alternator belt on first before putting the driveshaft in, have to agree with yall on that-did put driveshaft on and forgot the belt once..never again. And thick washer on both sides of the discs and hardened bolts and tighten em up. Rebuilding generator/starter mounts is a pain, its not the welding, its the fileing to get it lookin good as new that is a pain. Top bracket welded up and ground back broke again. Waiting on wiring harness and other stuff yet on the CH20 engine.