Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Santa finally gets here.

dcw06

When I got back in from Pa.last night I found these on my toolbox.Now hopefully I can get them on the front of the tractors be fore the next big snow.

I hope they do allright,cause it will be a very long time before I want to mess with those small tires again!They were a nightmare to get mounted.Then had to rig a rope and screwdriver to squeeze em to seal the bead.

Now the others were a lot easier to change.And I think they look good for the price.Now we need some snow to see how well they do.

A can of starting fluid and a match will seat them to. Just watch out for the hair.[:0] Let us know how the new tires work.

Looks good, I just mounted my new ags on my B-112 It was a breeze, Lubrication ,lots of it .Try some dish washing liquid it should make things a lot eazer also once you get the first bead on put a pair of vice grips on the lip of the rim ,you won't need that 3rd screwdriver.try taking the valve out of the stem this will let the air in the tire a lot faster

I think the Hogs came from the bottom of the pile.Too much room between the bead and the tire.Did all of the above.Was gonna use a 1" ratchet strap,couldn't find it so used the rope.Used to use either all the time on semi-truck tires until the Tire Tiger came out.Used to lay 4 tires down in a square touching,leave in the valve core ,fill em with either,spray a trail on the floor and light.

Someone I bought tires from suggested putting tubes in the tires and inflating them the night before you mount the tires on the rims. It spreads the sidewalls out so it is easier to seat.

Those fronts look they should really help with turning. I put some blocks of wood in my new ag's for acouple days to really open them up first, then lots of lube to put them on. A rachet strap helped seat the beads too.