Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

snowblower lift rod

Karl_Brandt

I have a Simplicity 42" snowblower mfg.no.1692239 ,I bought it from a guy I know.This snowblower is missing several parts,some I already made and a few I ordered new. The snowblower is going on my Simplicity 6218 tractor. I need to know how long the rod is that lifts the snowblower,and were the bends need to go. Simplicity part number 1665887. Thanks for you help. Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url] This picture is from e-bay.

That one looks more complex then the one I just made. For length I just blocked the blower up on a 2x8 and meausered center to center of the holes. Should have subtacted about an inch for wt sag, fact I think I'll wind up rebending one end. The kinks in mine were just eyeballed to work. Haven't seen anything as new as a 6218 so have no #'s for you.

Karl,just measured the one on my 6216.I'll try to explain this best I can.Overall it's 46.5" long.From the lift lever it's 5" to the first bend of the offset.Total offset is 21.5".From the rear it's 27" to the end of offset to the straight rod.the offset gets the rod around the running board and clutch pedal.Hope that helps.I would like to know what size pulleys are on yours,mine just doesn't throw snow like I think it should,compaired to my 7016.

Dave,I have not had this tractor running yet.Just fixed it up last year.I have a Allis Chalmers 919H with snowblower and cab. Both snowblowers have a 7 inch pulley.Throws the snow just enough out of the way,something like 4 foot or more? Running board and clutch pedal are both in the way. My cousin has one of those metal bender,I will visit him tomorrow and get him to bend the rod.^ Karl

I changed the driven sprocket on the right side of the snowblower when you are facing it. Made the two sprockets the same size. and added rubber paddles to impeller. It will make the 919 work. Will blowSnow at least 12 feet up in air and 20 feet away.

Karl, wish I would have seen this post yesterday. I had a brand new one just like the one in your picture above. I took the lower bends out of it and cut 8 inches or so off of it so I could use it on my 917H.

Karl,I have that rod in my barn. I don't know where in ontario you are, but i'm an hour from Buffalo or Niag falls & i get up north by watertown occasionally.

I got the rod made today at my cousins house. I already tried the rod to see if it works...the rod is about one inch to long but will work.Also had the other end that goes on the lift rod made too. William,I live outside of Fenwick,Ontario,Canada.Which is 50 mintues from Niagara falls,Ontario. Thanks for your help Karl

Karl,good to hear the lift rod works.Both of my blowers have 7" pulleys also,maybe thats just the standard.On the 7016 I'm still using the front pto with the blower,I'm guessing about a 6" pullet.6216 has a 5".