Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

3-Point Center Link

The 3-point hitch on my Sears SS16 is missing a center link and so far I haven't found a replacement. To those not familiar with this hitch setup, the center link consists of 2 threaded end clevises (right and left threads) with a threaded rod between. Does anyone know where I can find the clevis ends? I've searched online but nothing was found.

Try Tractor Supply Co. http://www.mytscstore.com/default.asp

JamesK
is it in this pic? this is the one I have. Sorry forgot to get back to ya on this..

It looks like the last owner painted it with rustolium paint. Its not rust, just the color of the paint. James K.

JamesK
this is the way I got it . It was on the tractor, and the top adjustable link was hookd where the top link was/goes. I would venture to say you could improvise the top link with some flat stock steel. James

JamesK
No idea whats all involved in the sears stuff. Bought it as part of a package deal. the rear lift some I think front wheel weights and chains. The top 2 parts were originally attached together. The rod with center adjustment and the rear bar that would hook to the center link. There are a few sears 3pt hitches on fleabay but not as complete looking as this one. James K.

D-17_Dave
Here's a top link for an older sears. I don't know if this is the only style they used, but this is the only one I've ever seen that went with the manual 3-point like was on the surburbans.

Thanks everyone! I finally hooked-up with a center link.