Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blower Spout rotator motor cable connector

TerryZ

Hi guys: I just finished rebuilding a 52" blower for my Pow'rmax and am ready to hook it up. Howeve I need to locate the spout motor connector to build the wirng harness. Doesn't looklike I can get from Jacks or other part supply dealers. The spout motor as it turns out is a GM P/N 1697345 (1977-1981 GMC / Chevy C,K truck series right side power window motor) these you can still buy from Autozone, etc. but they do not sell the connector for the cable. Any ideas where to get? Appreciate any help

I'm not familiar with the way these are hooked up, but. I would think just a standard flat 4-wire trailer light connector would give you what you need. Two wires, (right and left) and a ground. Whould be pretty simple I think.

I take it you don't have the plug that plugs into the motor itself. A local auto graveyard would be your best bet. If you want new try Napa or Carquest, both of these have a good supply of "pigtails" they can order. Last try the chevy parts.

Hi, check out my post on the geaared chute rotator and see the pdf. on the new style blower I ordered a harness connector that plugged right into this motor from Jacks (excellent service by the way)

Thanks guys! The junk dealer was the way to go - interesting how even older cars / trucks are long gone fromm the yards, these have been melted down... I hope none of our 'orange friends' go that route!

The two spade lugs on my window motor will accept standard (individual wire) connectors that are available at my local hardware store. This is the way I was going to attach the wires to the motor. I was then going to use a trailer connector on the other end of the wire. My hookup will need three wires, anyway - forward, reverse, ground. Some need only two. I plan to set up the wire from the dash mounted switch thru separable ,trailer connector under the dash. This way the long pigtail of wire (from switch to rotater) will remain with the blower when not mounted on the tractor. This will keep it out of the way when other attachments are mounted.