Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
TripleDeuce50

tubes for rear

TripleDeuce50
I am going to load my tires soon with windsheild fluid. They are tubless now, but is there any reason I shoild leave them like that instead of adding tubes when i do it. I kind of like the thought of a tube in place. thoughts?

tractormike
It is easier to add fuid to the tubless tires, just break down one bead a bit and pour it in. The tires with tubes you have to rig up someway of pumping the fluid in. I have tires with tubes and tubless tires with windshield washer fluid in them. I have not had any trouble with any of the tires.

bkassulke
I filled my tires with tubes, by using a old bottle previously used to put tire sealant(Slime into my tires. It took a little about 25-30 minutes a tire and I didn't have any troubles. The extra weight really helps. Just a thought if you want to use tubes. Hope this can help ya out. Benjamin

neil56
G'day, I rang the local tyre dealer here who fits a lot of tractor tyres and asked his opinion, he said they leave the tyres tubeless, and not to use any detergent based products as they all have some level of caustic in them, he said they used a weak mix of anti freeze, I asked about a fitting to let the air out while the water went in, he said he had two different types, I could buy one if I wanted, but his advice was to let the air out,then I squirted in 100 ml of anti freeze (concentrate)through the valve hole with a plastic syringe, I had the wheight off the wheel while I was doing this, then I rotated the wheel till the valve was uppermost, pulled the fitting of the end of the garden hose and pushed it over the tubeless valve, letting it off occasionally to let the air pressure out, I kept going till the tyre was full and water came back out the valve, waited till the water stopped, and put the valve back in, put 10 psi air in,the whole operation was dead easy, I didn't even remove the wheels to do it, and the difference in the traction is amazing,but best of all I have had the tractor mowing on the side of a hill where the locals had refused to take their full size farm tractors and slashers,