Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

FootDraggin' Fun

MPH

Warmed up to zero today, done having the van in my tractor shop, needed a new project so I got the LL out and had a little fun. fishin' for hiden tractor.

got one, though far from a 'live' one

Lifted front end up with the blade hitch. The older FDT was glad to help this younger RBT.

pulled it backwards to the shop door, then pushed it in, boy, that was easy

However, it seems too me one of you RBT lovers coulda told me you need to potty train these things. Being the understand sort of guy I am I didn't beat it though, just considered how intimidated it must have felt being in the shop of 3 fine FDT and a PowerMax 4040

After I wiped up the mess i went out and did some Footdragging of the Sam MaGee trail. Been walking it at least a mile a day, sometimes 2. gotta clear the head now and then.

quote:
Originally posted by dcw06
Carefull,you might make them FDT's jealous having that young thing in their house.
Quick, Marty repeat after me " I will not conform, I will not conform" Them tow that thing back out side were it belongs!!:D}:):o) Elon

Hey Marty it looks like your havin a blast!!My wife just loves your trail!! I know It's really cold up there but it looks so nice!! It's been so warm here it,s crazy and it's suposta be warm for the next week . Had my 3314 out this weekend , it dosen't compare to the B-112 Dose that RBT have any lights that work?

Carefull you don't scare it back outta the shop with all that pretty Yellow FDT stuff in there. Greg, if the rb's on my 620 didn't help support my fenders, I'd pull em' off.

Way i see it Greg, the powerMax tractors are above this FDT versas RBT thing, thier in a class of own.:) Elon, can I keep it now? I had a plan.

Kept the good stuff, got rid of the rest

You see, last April Kirk was kind enough to spend his time sending me these 3 boxes, wouldn't be right not to use them.

Understand the contents of those boxes goes in this mess. Hmm, never seen one of these before.

See it gonna cost me another sweat shirt though

Paul, I don't know if the only OEM light on the rt side works or not yet, don't know if the electric lift works either, battery box is such a mess from having a battery frooze up in it when I got it I haveto clean it up a bit first. I like my trail a lot, esp nice to walk it at nite with a headlamp on, just flat peaceful. Use a piece of 30 x30 inch 1in rock screen to drag the trail with, borrow it off the burn barrel. Dave,it seems to be feeling more at home now. it even quit spotting my new floor:) Sam, somethings just take an extra step to make right:D

The old running boards could be flattened out and used to cover the burn barrel, its got nice holes in 'em.JH

Marty, I don't quite get the same answer when I look over the situation. Looks to me like the best tractors have to be numbered starting with a 7. Simp 700, 7000, 7100. All others are just something in between the good ones.

quote:
Sam, somethings just take an extra step to make right
You had to do that.... After my kid but Running boards on the B-112 it just upset the cosmic balance of the universe. If you wouldnt have balance things out by putting toe plates on a RBT the universe might have imploded or unraveled;):D

Nice foot dragger conversion there! It'll be right at home now.(lose the hubcaps tho!). Thanks for all the great pics from Alaska!

" Once you have to do some work under a running board tractor you wil appreciate them more" maybe after I get a tractor hoist. It's a long way from the floor to the tool box.