Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Roy

Got My Sign Today

Roy
Did some work on the mower deck and put it on the Sovereign today. Then took a test spin to make sure all was well. Didn't blow out the discharge or cut leaves/grass. Stopped and checked. Sure enough, I had the belt routed backwards. So I got my "stupid" sign. :I:I All is OK now.

ehertzfeld
quote:
Originally posted by BigSix
Been there, done that. Blades on rightside up? You get a bigger sign for that!
After spending about a month re painting and rebuilding a 64 Broadmoor, I get it all back together, go to try it, put it in 3rd, and what? I'm going backwards??????? Darn belt on backwards:(!:(! Elon

HubbardRA
Roy, I put the belt on backward, mowed my whole front lawn, then looked at it and said, "man I need to sharpen those blades". Mine has been put on backward several times. :I:I:I

BigSix
quote:
Originally posted by Alpha8D
I never can remember how so I took a black magic marker and drew a little sketch right on the top of the mower deck to show me which way to put it on.
Now there's an idea!

FastPaul
Hey Ray Funny you mentoin that,When I got my B-112 ,(The tractor that started this whole thing)I put the deck on it and took it for a spin, I thought' Man this thing dosen't cut for very good at all!! After checking it out ,Yup the belt was on backwards, And the original decal was still there, I guess this happens a lot,But not usually in the winter