Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Got My Sign Today

Roy

Did some work on the mower deck and put it on the Sovereign today. Then took a test spin to make sure all was well. Didn't blow out the discharge or cut leaves/grass. Stopped and checked. Sure enough, I had the belt routed backwards. So I got my "stupid" sign. :I:I All is OK now.

quote:
Originally posted by BigSix
Been there, done that. Blades on rightside up? You get a bigger sign for that!
After spending about a month re painting and rebuilding a 64 Broadmoor, I get it all back together, go to try it, put it in 3rd, and what? I'm going backwards??????? Darn belt on backwards:(!:(! Elon

Roy, I put the belt on backward, mowed my whole front lawn, then looked at it and said, "man I need to sharpen those blades". Mine has been put on backward several times. :I:I:I

I never can remember how so I took a black magic marker and drew a little sketch right on the top of the mower deck to show me which way to put it on.

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha8D
I never can remember how so I took a black magic marker and drew a little sketch right on the top of the mower deck to show me which way to put it on.
Now there's an idea!

Hey Ray Funny you mentoin that,When I got my B-112 ,(The tractor that started this whole thing)I put the deck on it and took it for a spin, I thought' Man this thing dosen't cut for very good at all!! After checking it out ,Yup the belt was on backwards, And the original decal was still there, I guess this happens a lot,But not usually in the winter

Twisted the belt for the snowblower once, and couldn't figure out why the snow kept pushing out the sides. Yep, that hat fits me too.