Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Parts X-Ref -- Feedback please

Kent

I've started formatting a Simplicity to Allis-Chalmers part number cross-reference (as of 1982). It'll be a pretty big chore to add the whole thing, since it's 33 pages long, or so. I've put a few pages at the link below. Check it out and tell me how valuable it would be. Note that it is in Simplicity part number sequence, NOT in sequence by Allis-Chalmers part numbers. So, if you're trying to convert an AC part to a Simplicity part number, the Search function would likely be the easiest way to find it . . . Check it out . . . I'd like to know how valuable this document is, before I go through the considerable effort to add the whole thing. Thanks! Kent[A href='http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/parts_x-ref.htm']http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/parts_x-ref.htm[/a]

Kent I see it as an outstanding effort on your part to save a majority of us from having to purchase two sets of manuals. Jeff

Thanks, Peter, for the offer. I'm not typing them in. I'm scanning them, running them through OCR software, then formatting and proofing them....

It would be nice if the dealers in my area had the cross reference list. When you ask a Simplicity dealer about Allis Chalmers parts they just roll their eyes back in their head and say they cannot help. There are a few exceptions but these are usually ex A-C dealers. Roy

Kent: I haven't had to use any cross-references yet. If all this has to be input by hand, is there some way the chore could be farmed out to members and e-mailed back for your checking before adding to the site? I would be willing to do a few pages if you find enough support for the concept. Peter.

Looks great! I happen to be one of the luckey ones that has a Simplicity dealer that can look up any AC part. He has never been an AC dealer but does have all the AC books.