Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wanted to say "Hello"

sunrunner

Here's where it all started '87 Sunrunner- Thanks to JJ Nemes & Sons, Inc for the surry - Nice to meet them

In leaf-clean up mode

6218 with new paint and a 42" plow

Updated to a 42" snowthrower and something to sand the drive - Thanks to Biggie*rat for the blower hitch

Next Springs project - 6218 with 32" tiller, electric lift and made one good deck out of the two from both tractors - All bought on E-bay - Thanks to ALL for all the info - Chris

Love the colors

bought on E-bay for 15.00 - 10 foot long and repainted - plus clock

Fan of the yellow too - many dumping options

odds...

and ends....Thanks - I'm learning alot on this site -

Nice stuff, sunrunner! Orange Fever strikes again. Since my primary job with my tractors is cutting grass, I have thought that a Simplicity Sunrunner would suit my cutting purposes well. I wondered about using it on a hill, though. Is it more stable or less stable on hills versus your tractor? Cut quality? Tacey

Hello to you too, and welcome. Love the surry, really like the other parts of all the tractors. They look very nice. Thanks for sharing. Benjamin

Hi, my name is John, and I'm powerless over Simplicity/AC. Welcome to the groupe Chris!! That is some nice equipment you have there.

Chris, welcome to the club. I love that big Simplicity sign. Hope you got it close to home. It would be an interesting package to get thru the mail.

Thanks - I jumped in head first about three years ago - Tacey : The sunrunner is the earlier model (6" front and 4" rear tires, on the later models 8" and 6" on the rear, also beefed up the steering,improved the deck lifting mechanism and lots of rollers). As far as cutting - GREAT - getting into hard spaces - GREAT - Hills - 50/50 - Let some air out of the front tires, It holds a good sideways angle (almost off the seat) on a hill but you can't stop, then your in trouble - and no bumps - you hit a rock or rut on a hill and the small rear tires lose traction - Ground clearance is why I bought the 6218 - Sunrunner is a great mower and awesome leaf sucker, but not good for hauling into the woods - It is a 12hp hydro and moves at a pretty good clip plus turns on a dime - Have all the accessories that Simplicity offered for it origanally (trying to keep the #'s right for that model), except for the electric spreader that fit on the back platform - kind of like the tailgate ones or ATV ones now - and I have to say that the surry really works - I mow 3 out of me 5 acres, flat, semi-hill, to Hill and it never failed me - It now sits in the corner(for the winter) with the origanal Simplicity Sunrunner orange and white cover - Thanks and don't mean to be lengthy - Chris

You have a nice fleet of tractors.I love your Simplicity Memoabilia.I collect Allis Chalmers Memoabilia,and have to say your sign is Great on your wall.

Welcome to the club Chris, good to see addicts find thier way home. Might have to get that sunnrunner going I picked up last summer. Can't mow my lawn with though, no rear rollers = no strips, that ain't gonna work.

It still will leave some stripes - The person next door has a brand new YardMan rider, Nuf said - and the Sunrunner blows it away both on mowing time and appearance - Stripes but not as nice with rollers - With the 6218, now that leaves some solid stripes - I work for a landscape company and spend most of my day riding on a commercial mower - and I do like a good stripe

Welcome Chris.Like you tractors.I tried to find a Sunrunner for the wife this summer.Thought it would be a good mower for her.No hood to smash!Like your 6218.Do most of our mowing with my 6216.

Thanks - If possible try to find a later model sunrunner - Just for all the improvements they did over the earlier ones - beefier all around and more hp - Bought the 6218 and fell in love and have not looked at any other (yet)..... This is the first time I have gotten to use the first tractor since the rebuild and have had no problems - The wheel weights are AC 25 pounds each and the 4" hubcap spares I got for the Sunrunner fit perfect in the middle hole - Only thing is a loss of steering with the front wheels packed with snow - The second tractor has seen mowing,tilling and general yard work without a hitch - can't wait for warmer weather to start the rebirth of that one - Wanted to say THANKS again to everybody in all forums - Getting a lot of ideas and questions answered - Chris

Like to find an old NEON store sign - put up at the end of the driveway and leave on at night for the neighbors to admire -

• 3 months later...

Mid-mount graders work awesome!!!!

used the 42" plow blade mount adapter to make it fit - Thanks for the grader John

Hi Nice tractors you have there! That is a cute SunnRunner you have there, and in great shape too. Welcome to the club! Take Care Jason B