Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

NO SNOW

JJ MARSHALL

GOT up all my leaves for this season i hope .remove the vac and deck and catch box.Then i installed the blade and the dual wheels getting it ready for snow, <AND I HOPE IT DOESN'T > Here are a few pictures .<SHE AIN'T PRETTY BUT SHE A WORKER> HER IS WHAT I NAME HER. WHAT YOUR TRACTOR NAME ? JJ [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/PICT0001.JPG[/img] HER 2 [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/PICT0002.JPG[/img] HER 3 [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/PICT0003.JPG[/img] HER 4 [img]/club2/attach/jj marshall/PICT0004.JPG[/img]

"Her" looks like she could hold her own! The stack and duals bring out her character ... 8D:D8D I haven't gotten around to naming mine yet, having only one AC, it is of course called the Allis, and the others are just referred to by their model numbers, 7014, 7018, 7114, 7116. Forgot, there are a couple of exceptions. My dad got a couple of tractors from neighbor ladies when they sold out. The 725 he called Alberta, and the 707 he called Dorothy because those were the names of the ladies he bought them from. The names have just kind of stuck over the years.

Nice old tractor you got, she looks ready to do some hard work. I call mine Baby when I want it to do something for me "come on Baby start for me" and when she doesn't do as I ask I call her other things.}:) When I run the duals on mine its only 42" wide with 12-6 AG's.(just as wide as my blade) Could just be the camera angle in the last picture but yours looks more than that. So how wide is the rear of the tractor with the duals? -Paul

I started naming the first 8. After that it was pointless. My memory isnt that long. My one and only Allis in the fleet is called 'Alice' though-

Was going to measure the width of the duals today but it rained about all day. if i can remmeber to i will do it tomorrow. JJ

If the snow gets very deep you'll have to put extentions on that blade. The motorcycles have been out around here for a couple of days now. I was real tempted myself around noon today.

JJ, Glad to find someone else kooky enough to name vehicles. My 65 Landlord is named "Rusty", (It is a bit) The white '93 Dodge van is "Vana", (Vana White) The blue 93 Ford van is "Babe", (the Blue Box) A parted out Soverign or rather what's left is called "Buster" ,(it was busted) 93 Isuzu Trooper is "Suzie" Back in 1965 my first car, a '63 Dodge Lancer was named "Flippo" and I've named every vehicle I've owned since. They just run better if you name them! Anybody else name theirs? Jim

We named all of our pulling tractors, when we were into that: Plum Krazy (custom built w/motorcycle engine for me) Woop-T-Doo (custom built w/motorcycle engine for oldest son) Hydro-Phobia (a short-lived attempt at pulling with a hydro - 716H) ThunderFoot (61 Wards) Haven't named the current work machines, except that ThunderFoot is now a work machine and still affectionately known by it's pulling name. The other two are either known as the 716H and the 713S, the black one and the orange one, or the hydro and the shuttle, or the trailer mover and the mower. This just depends on who I am talking to. Guess it would be easier to give each of them a single name.

all yea, hasnt snowed here on this side of the mountain either. Although my week off at christmas the ground was covered with ice so hard I couldnt chase turkeys around the mountains, so I was forced to lounge around the house and eat cookies, cake and pies. I must have gained 15 lbs. ddh