Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

front AGs

ehertzfeld

OK I got a set of AGs for the front on my 64 Landlord. I was talking to a friend, and he said that reversing the direction would only benefit if it was on a 4 wheel drive. Being the front wheels, with reversed AGs, would give traction wile backing up, and not any benefit for steering. I know a lot of you run reversed AGs and a few don't, so dose it make that much of a difference, with the AGs reversed direction, as far as steering? Elon

I heard they work better reversed, but I am guilty of putting mine on more for looks. I got them facing forward. I like the way they match the rears.

I have only had 1 set of Front Ag's and they were on forward, I also have heard they work good reversed but never tried it...

They work much better reversed. The reason why is that the ends of the lugs contact the ground first like this >>>>>>>>>>>> instead of the center of the lugs, like this <<<<<<<<<<< Since the end of the lugs get the weight on them first and dig in, that really improves steering....

I have run them both ways in very muddy conditions, filling the hole in the backyard, and i honestly, can't tell the difference, they work good either way. There was a BIG difference when i installed the front wheel weights.

I've ran them both ways and never noticed a difference either way. Because it didn't change the traction issue, I thought just like (richp) For looks I run them forward to match the rear tires. -Paul

• 4 weeks later...