Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Too early for yard work?

dcw06

With the nice weather we've had lately,saw a few people rolling their yards this week.Kinda gave me the itch to go out and remind my freindly moles I'm still here.

I understand I saw a Chisel plow out last weekend! They are usually parked by the middle of December at the very latest. All the frost we had is out of the ground. Neighbors probably thought you were nuts with snowblower and cab rolling the lawn.

"Neighbors probably thought you were nuts with snowblower and cab rolling the lawn." Only the ones that know me! I really dont know what the roller weighs.I didnt even bother to fill it up today,just used the weight of the blocks. "Hay Dave must be awfull hot in that cab lol." Not really,low 30s and strong winds.Too many drafts,mostly under the doors.Other than that it was very comfortable.

Hi Dave.The heater worked pretty good considering the wind leaking through the cab yesterday.I was in shirt sleeves and no gloves.I was going to hang a thermometer in there,but forgot.I did mount a carbon monoxide detector,no problem there.No the heat is'nt from the muffler,it's using the hot air that the flywheel fan is pushing out over the head.So the higher the rpm's and the harder you work it,the warmer it gets.So I think it'll work good when blowing snow at full rpm's. Dave