Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Time to adapt again, dozer/snow blade.

Alpha8D

Just bought a 42" dozer/snow blade off ebay.:D Auction 7736620100 Will pick it up Saturday. Simplicity #1691520. I will have to adapt it to my #990350 1966 Landlord. Anybody done that? Any help would be appreciated. Jim S.

I was watching that and I wish I would have been a little closer. If you don't need the 4200-6200 adapter let me know.

firefoxz1, I'll have it home Saturday and probably try mounting it too. If I have parts left over I'll share. I only have one whole tractor, so if it's not needed there I'll let you know.

Picked up the snow plow on Saturday, 400 mile round trip but worth it. Installed it Sunday. You were absolutely right as usual Maynard. Nothing to it other than remove the small frame adapter and shorten the lift rod. The wheel weights fit fine and the chains are on but I need 2 more cross chains in each to fill the gap. Question: how tight can I snug up the bolts that hold the wheel weights? The weights are a plactic shell filled with a sort of concrete. The previous owner only used 2 bolts each and of course I'll make up the missing ones for 4 per wheel. I'm a little afraid of busting something if I crank the bolts down as I normally would 1/2" bolts. Or shouldn't I worry about that? firefoxz1, I don't need the adapter. Email me to arrange getting it to you. I have no use for it.

The bolts just need to be tight enough so they don't move not super tight. The two bolts are sufficient only needed to hold to wheel and not move.