Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dallenx

Onan CCKB question

They were used on portable and stationary AC generators, and welders, that I know of. Probably many other uses too.

dallenx
Having read the previous messages on Onan engines, I thought that the CCKB engines were only used on the simplicity and AC tractors. But....I saw an Onan CCKB engine in a junk yard today that makes me ask, were they maybe used for other things? The engine covers and such were painted pink and it looked like a good job (factory colors?). The flywheel shroud had a screen on it like you would see on a B&S engine and no place for an output shaft. The front shaft just under the points and condensor was cut to accept a key and it had a gear on it. The muffler was positioned the same as on my 620 but it was smaller. Any ideas anyone?

swood
alot of generators/welders use onan engines... keep that in mind when you need parts or filters.... usally a large welding compnay will be an onan dist. Near syracuse you can look up Haun welding supply...

if you found one you need to grab it for the parts value only i priced a connecting rod for one and it was $112 without the bearings