Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-1 Tranny date ?

FastPaul

After doing axle tube bushings and seals I noticed a date casted into the side of the tranny 2-18-63.Is this the year of the tractor? Seems odd that the date is to the day, Any info on this would be cool,Thanks

Found that casting on my B-112 several years ago. Looked at the LL and also found it, but could not find it on the 725.. Be interesting if everyone with a B-1, 700, 725 or Garden mark looked for it. Maybe we could come to a rather defined conclusion on the date made issue. '63 is the earliest I've heard of.

Thats a carry of from the automobile industry. Many years ago If I remember they made a law that a car has to have 3 printed or stamped vin #. It was on the door and now on the dash visable from the out side, under the back seat and on the rear axle. Also thats how they caught the Oklahoma bomber. The van/truck he used had the vin and date stapented on the real axle.