Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

govonor spring

machhack

I just purchased a 3310v landlord that is in semi rough shape. The variable speed pully is rusted solid, and some of the pullys are seized, but all the major mechanicals seem to be functional. The engine numbers correspond with the tractor, so I think it would be candidate for restoration. The issue I am having is the govonor spring is incorrect. The previous owner had the carb off and apart. When he reassembled it, it was a crap shoot where the linkages and springs belonged. The engine model is 243431 type 0196-01 . 10HP It would be a great help if someone could provide me with a couple digital pics of the carb, with air cleaner removed. Is there a way to get briggs part numbers etc online? I downloaded the owners manual from briggs but it wasn't service information. I hope I can get up to speed with this project without driving everyone nuts. thanks to all Chris

Welcome Chris. There are 2 springs for this series of engines and describeing them and their location would be silly right now. However, the Briggs repair manual has very good drawings and instructions on every part of the egine so I would recomend geting this manual. You can get it online or frommost small engine shops through Briggs. Your local library may also have it for referance. Good luck on your project, take your time, do it right. You'll be well rewarded for your efforts. BTW, you can edit your other duplicate post and remove it. When posting to the server give it time to load and the screen will reset and show you your post without backing up the screen.

[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/243431/pg5_pic1.jpg[/img] Here's the Owner's Manual for the 10 HP Briggs... http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/b_%26_s_243431.htm

Welcome Chris. finally a member that lives the next town over from me. I am in Southington. I have a bunch of variable speed parts if you are interested. Let me know. Rich.