Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Repowering my 7116 H

SharkyEd

Hi I was wandering if anyone has any info on repowering my 7116 H. I found a 20 HP Honda V-Twin and i was wandering what modifications has to be made to the tractor to make it work. Or would I be wasting my time ? Thanx !!!

Nothings a waste of time if you have fun doing it. I don't have any personal knowledge of that engine but I'd assume you'd need an adapter for the driveshaft and possibly a plate for the engine mount. It sounds like it'd be a nice combo if it goes together good.

I guarantee if that engine were sitting in my garage that it would be on one of my tractors in a very short time. I've made driveshaft adapters and engine mounts for swaps before. Not too difficult. All you have to do is make up your mind to do it.

I have a 7116h that I recently put a Kohler Magnum 20 in without a lot of problems. I did have to trim the sides of the frame to make the oil filter fit and also had to adapt the drive shaft coupler. now all that is left is to overhaul the engine.

What did you guys use to make the drive shaft to fly wheel adaptor? I need to make somthing to hook up the diesel. Elon

I used the KT 17 components, bolted up to Magnum 20 . Only difference was placing screen over flywheel which KT 17 had and M-20 doesn't. Ignition was only problem. KT had Bat./coil and M-20 has electronic (magneto). For diesel may be able to use stock driveshaft.But I would be more comfortable with Sunstar type with universal joints

Anyone have a pic of a sunstar saft? will it bolt up to a BGB? I still need to make a adapter for the diesel to drive shaft. Any thoughts? Elon