Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Diesels, diesels diesels diesels

Al

Hi, Just sold 2 new Legacy XL 4whl drive diesels today. When I get them in and the snow blowers on them, we will have 2 diesels in trade. One a Simplicity 9523 25hp with 5 ft deck, and a 5 foot front snowblower and cab and a 5020 Allis with a 5 ft deck. It is exactly the same tractor as the 9523. When you sold them, they came with 9523 and the Allis 5020 decals. You put on the decals you wanted to make them Simpllicity or Allis. Both have the turf tires and 12 speed trannys cat1 3 point and 540 Pto. Physically about the size of an 8n Ford that was left out in the rain and it shrunk down to the ground a little. Am going to set up an adoption agency. Hope they are adoptable. Al Eden

Some orphanage your runnin there Al. Would love to have one of those myself, but.... Anyway, hope you find good homes for them soon. BTW, since they are going with snowblowers did they opt for those nice cabs also? I'd love some pics of the tractors. Especially the 9523 w/ the cab and blower.

If your adoption agency works anything close to the state of Michigan's I will take both of them and send me my monthly check to my home address on the adoption forms, And I will also apply for grade A fuel stamps rather than food stamps. LOL:D:D:D Sorry I couldn't help myself!}:)

I had an Allis 5020. It was a decent little tractor. Much better than a Ford 9/2/8N in my opinion and for about the same money. I used it to pull a hay rake and wagons.

Hi, Will post pics when I get them. We are searching for the Legacys. Factory has 4 and they are to fill orders. Are building another batch Feb 13. My rep is trying to find me 2 from another dealer here in Iowa, or close in in neighboring states. The cab on the trade in is an aftermarket cab. Al Eden

AL , I am glad to hear the Legacy Xls are selling very well for you.I have always liked the 5000 series. I have always liked the 5015 and 5020s.

AAAAHHHH, a 5020. I used one for 8 years at the school I worked for. We did much of our grounds maintenance with it. Had the engine rebuilt because it had been overheated when it used to have a belly mower on it. (too much grass in the radiator!) Pistons were $500 each. At least they came with the rings. I think we spent about $2000 before we were done. Ran like a top after the rebuild, but then for $2000 it should.