Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

GTH-L Vangard

Al

Hi, We just sold a package we don't normally do. I worked with Orangeone to help him put a Vangard in a Sovereign. We provided the parts he was short. This week we through a package togther to help a guy in Ill. Shipped it today. Since I had a GTH-L we jerked the engine and put it in. then pulled it an sent it as a "bolt in" We needed to pull the engine, as we are re doing the 7100 Sovereign kits because the rubber couler for the Sovereigns is NLA. We have the parts fabbed and now need to document our new coupler kits. We now have to change the instructions for all of our kits in this family. The Beat Goes On. Once we have all of our pictures done, we will throw the KT back in this. BTW the GTH-L vangard will not mow. It will only plow wire in for Pet Fences. Al Eden

Al, You know how to pull a rabbit out of the hat. The parts and help worked perfect the first time . No rework. Your not afraid to try something new or different. A big thank you for your help. BTW the Dr said that the last treatment has bought me some more time. I may try to come out and see you Al.

Sam, On the front of the frame across the front. The hoses are special made. Briggs ones are too long. This is basically the kit we sold for the 3400 and 7000s we stopped doing because of muffler availability. We have room for the muffler on the 7100s. On the 3400s etc we had to rework the mufflers and they still were to close to the grille to make the CPSC safety standards. So currently those (700, 3400, 7000) "kits" are on hold. WONDERFUL NEWS ROGER Al Eden

Sam, It looks to me like you could install a couple 90s, run the hoses out the left side of the tractor and mount the filter on the outside. This would allow the PTO to be hooked up to run a snowblower.

Having the filter on the outside may cause problems if you ran the tractor agaist something and hit it. Not to mention looking unsightly. I just wondered how the kits he used to sell for the earlier series made room for the front clutch assemblies. Here is a picture of where I put the remote filter assembly I got from AL a couple fo years ago on a 900 series AC I used to have. I think that would also work for the 700 seies too. [img]http://a4.cpimg.com/image/90/3E/20421264-486f-028001E0-.jpg[/img]

Hi, I have never tried to adapt the front clutch to a Vangard. I have always sold them as not compatible. I think there is a problem in where the pulley is located due to the different lengths of the engines. On our JD 420 prototypes we have to move the firewall to get the electric clutch to be properly located. I may be wrong on this issue because I have never even tried to adapt the clutch to a Vangard. Al Eden