Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

project 917h

dewayne

[img]/club2/attach/RayS/larry.jpg[/img] Hello members; This is about the upteenth time I have tried to send a picture and this message. I bought this tractor for $200.00. Motor was rebuilt, hydro strong, bevel gear has slack and noisy, and needs new paint and decals. Came with a 48" deck, which needs repaired but I am not going to use anyhow. I bought it mainly for something to play with and ride around the neighborhood. Will take me sometime since I am legally blind. Have lots of time since can no longer work. So wish me luck with this. have a great day ! P.S. I really enjoy this site and imformation. Keep up the good work.

Make sure the photo isn't too large.Somewhere around 600 X 400 seems to work for me.Then I click on the paperclip on the top of the message box.Follow the instructions from there.

Welcome Larry! Once you get it to work for you pictures are easy. Just follow the directions in the sticky. We look forward to seeing your project.

I downloaded PIXRESIZER and resized all pics too 600 x 400 and worked fine - Very easy to use - then read the sticky - I forgot to take the new resized numbers off the name of the file - just renamed and all worked fine - Good luck - Chris

Larry, I tried to resize your picture with my JPEG Wizard program and the picture was way to big it wouldn`t do it. I took sunrunner advice and I downloaded the Pixresizer program and it did it fast and is a easy to use. I would recommend the donwload. Here is the link that I downloaded it from. http://graphicssoft.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=graphicssoft&zu=http%3A%2F%2Fbluefive.pair.com%2Fpixresizer.htm

Ray, We downloaded Bluefive but i guess it didn't work. I'll try what you recommended. Thanks a lot for the help! Is tractor worth $200.00 ?

If all you paid was $200.00 you got a great deal. I have seen them go for a grand on eBay and even more at local auctions.

AC808, I never of that. I'll drive it to wallyworld about 2 miles from my house when I ge.t back together. I have GT235JD Iride now, but I use it to mow my lawn. I pull a trailer with a flashing light on it be cause my wife and I also pick up litter on the highway once a week just cause we want to. I drive she picks up! dewayne

hy guys, just thought I'd mention, I'm not allowed to drive cars or trucks. 4 wheeler not legal on roads, but tractors are. Problem solved! dewayne