Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Stock muffler

FastPaul

Paul, I have a Nelson muffler on my B-1,Simplicity part number 2157634 $47 and some change from Jacks. http://www.jackssmallengines.com/searchparts2.cfm

Just to get it sraight,This is the muffler we are taking about? I coulden't find it on Jacks site either but I trusted that Mike knew what I was talking about when he had the part# so handy,Thank's again Mike'And your right,The B-112 sounds really tough with that muffler!!

quote:
Originally posted by FastPaul
Just to get it sraight,This is the muffler we are taking about? [img]/club2/attach/FastPaul/3314.jpg[/img]
That's the one.

Great we have 3 of these but they need cleaned up. Would like to have a new one though. Are these painted or powdercoated black from the factory. All the ones ive seen in good condition are black thanks BOB

On a side note to this topic, does anyone use the super trapp muffler? http://www.jackssmallengines.com/strap3s.cfm Looks kinda cool. Elon

A club member from Indiana (can pull up the name right now). reported on his testing of the super trapp muffler. He was not impressed with its performance. Tom

The mufflers are painted black from the factory. After using the tractor awhile the factory paint burns off. I always paint ours with high heat paint before I put them on,Matt8D