Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3410 twin puller

ehertzfeld

I have been asked to post a few pictures of the 3410 puller that I made for my wife to play with. So here ya go. enjoy:D [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/34101.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/34102.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/34103.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/34104.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/34105.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/34106.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/34107.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/34108.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/34109.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/341010.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/341011.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/341012.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ehertzfeld/341013.jpg[/img] For the one who have dial up, [:0]Im sorry[:0] Elon

quote:
Originally posted by tanman722001
Nice looking outfit.I bet that 18 twin does good.
Havn't pulled anything with it yet, but I hope so:D Elon

quote:
Originally posted by Killer_A-C
I bet she makes alot of racket!!!!
Well the neighborhood dogs sure don't like it:D}:)}:):D

I love it elon. I absolutley love it! Where did you get the straight pipes? I want to do my 7016 simalarly, but mine will be all show, no go compared to that machine!

Nice ride Elon - seen it in the backround of other pics posted but the closeups are better. Is this the same one you did the pulley reduction on for the speed? Also, did the gas company approve all the fittings?:D . Do the neighbors look for a Harley when its running? Love the pipes :)

Looks good, but I really like the slide hitch in the back, never know what hitch height will be required till you get there.

quote:
Originally posted by firefoxz1
Looks good, but I really like the slide hitch in the back, never know what hitch height will be required till you get there.
I can't take credit on the aluminum weight carriers and hitch, Rob_B had them made when his girls were pulling. I have a mid mount weight Carrier yet to be mounted. Still trying to decide how to do it so it looks good and will work well. Elon

quote:
Originally posted by Jovee
Nice ride Elon - seen it in the backround of other pics posted but the closeups are better. Is this the same one you did the pulley reduction on for the speed? Also, did the gas company approve all the fittings?:D . Do the neighbors look for a Harley when its running? Love the pipes :)
Nope that was the famous Dynamark racer! Ask Maynard or Kent about it:D:D:D SHe's loud but not as loud as a Harley.....well yet}:) Elon

quote:
Originally posted by elhekkers
I love it elon. I absolutley love it! Where did you get the straight pipes? I want to do my 7016 simalarly, but mine will be all show, no go compared to that machine!
The pipes were actually from a satellite dish for a Big rig. I know a guy that had it but it got to expensive to keep. So it was just lying around behind the garage. Elon

And BTW just in case some of you are thinking of trying to do flames, let me just warn you, it took me about a month to do them. As cool as the look, NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!! Elon

Great looking rig!! Why so pullers put smaller lighter tires and wheels on the front,... and then hange more weight to make it heavier? Is it just the cool factor?

quote:
Originally posted by comet66
Great looking rig!! Why so pullers put smaller lighter tires and wheels on the front,... and then hange more weight to make it heavier? Is it just the cool factor?
The smaller tires are to get the center of gravity lower that normal. Marty, without going out and looking, there 410x6. Elon

Comet66, Use of smaller tires to many people is looks only. For the die-hard pullers it is an attempt to get the center of gravity as low as possible in the front of the tractor. If a line drawn from the centerline of the rear axle to the center of gravity angles downward, then when the front end tries to lift the center of gravity moves forward and essentially hangs on a longer lever arm. This produces a self-stabilizing effect. If the center of gravity is high just the opposite will happen and cause the machine to raise up violently and drive the wheelie bars into the ground. As I said above, when pulling, the pivot point, for keeping the front wheels on the ground, is the centerline of the rear axle. You always want the front weight as close to the ground as you can effectively get it. Small front wheels are an easy way to lower the location of front end weight. In many of the stock classes, modifications to the basic chassis are not allowed, but wheels can be changed.

Thanks for all the kind complements. It took a lot of hours, Meany just sitting looking at it trying to figure out what/how to do it. Like I said before, the flames were the most challenging, not being an artist, that was a new experience for me. Elon

• 2 weeks later...
Elon, start thinking about a fair price for that machine because when I win the lottery this weekend, I plan to make a real generous offer! Erik P.S. I had my username changed so that folks can't track me down for a piece of my winnings!

quote:
Originally posted by Simpleton7016
Elon, start thinking about a fair price for that machine because when I win the lottery this weekend, I plan to make a real generous offer!
One million and it's yours!!:D:D Elon