Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

My new 312 at work

boncbo

Hello All, Here's a pics of my new 312 at work. Hopefully will have some more pic soon but this seemed like a good shot that the wife took today. Bob

Hi That is a great looking Allis Chalmers 312 you have there! It looks like you have a fair amount of snow in your area. It is nice to see older AC lawn and garden tractors at work. Take Care Jason B

Awsome looking tractor!! you have snow! almost forgot what it looked like here in Ma. It was almost 60 here today Where did you find that rig ?

Nice rig, it sure is doing a great job!! Like the others we aren't getting much snow around here. In fact there has been at least one day each week I hae been able to work in the shop with the doors open.

Thanks Guys. She is certainly a workhorse. I picked it up from my dad. He had it sitting in his garage for the last 2 years collecting dust. Prior to that it sat in a neighbor of his's shed for at least ten years, after her husband passed away, covered up. It looks and runs like brand new. It was such a shame that he never used it. He bought it because he thought it looked cool, used it once then it sat. Have talked to him about it on and off for the last year and finally convinced him to sell it to me. Picked it up the day before the snow showed up.:D:D

The 300 and 400 series don't have much of a following.That's too bad,because they look to be decent,well built tractors.Nice setup you have.

I have a 312 h That MDB found and saved for me! Why would he do that because it has my dad's sticker on the seat We had a dealership back in those days Has a wore out drive train but looks good

dear bronco most people are not fans off the 300 /400 series tractors .i am . most people think these were made by simplicity , not so . the were made in s.c allis plant between 1972 and 1974 . i have a 416 allis restored, that i rely like .do some research on it on it .i really need some attachments to go along with mower if you find any let me know debshirl

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
Paul The attachments for the 300 400 series are the same as the other allis and simplicity attacments the hitches are different
With the exception of the mower decks -- 300/400 series used shallow right-discharge decks. I don't know if a deep Simplicity deck would fit under them or not, if you changed the hitch, bails, etc.