Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

66 Landlord 101 Rescue #6

FastPaul

Well guys,the one that was right under my nose, Is now home .the guy called me today and said he would sell,Said it ran well but something was wrong with the tranny,bevel gears were toast. I got 2 throwers Extra original rear end W/tires the hydro lift in peices ,took it apart because it leaked.and a leaf blower attach.He thinks there might be some more stuff for it at his father inlaws house where it came from Not a bad score for 250 This looks like the next project.What is high low the pully has some type of slider on it?

Nice pick up there Paul. The more I read about these tractors the more I would like to get another and restore it. Gonna really keep my eyes open.

Another nice score Paul, hydro lift, plus the rather hard to find hi/low. Which is like having a spliter on your 3 speed giving you 6 forward and 2 reverse speeds. Depending on whats toasted in the BGB, either fix it or find a replacement. Sure SLI has some laying around.

Nice score but I thinks it's time to slow down or just stop for now. Repeat after me: My name is (enter name here, Paul, LOL) and I have a problem. I'm a SimpleChalmersholic (Simplicity/Allis Chalmers Tractorholic). Now the only known cure is to turn over your stash to me. LOL. Beside the steal on the 4-wheeler, this with those attachments is a very nice score. I quess it will be gone over like the others so looking foward to more pics.

Nice looking Landlord. Yellow and Orange look good together. That will make a really nice machine, alot of bang for the buck. Will look forward to your restoration progress.

The Hi-Low takes the place of the pulley on the tranny. It's a set of planetary gears that in one side run regular speed, when the case moves outward it runs the belt speed through the set of gears inside the case reduceing the tranny input shaft speed giveing you the split speed in each gear. It's a very sought after attachment. I'd be looking for several things from his in-laws. The rest of the yellow tractor, the cycle mower, and the rest of the handle and brackets for the hi-low. A very nice score indeed. BTW, the hydro lift is a very rare early style square tank lift. These were mostly all recalled for leaking. I'd see if I could find the leak and fix that one for sure. Probably not really worth any more but it's very unique and odd. I have a service bullitin on the square tanked lifts and it shows most being repaired with round tanks.

Dose anyone have a pic. of the hi low setup and do you think there'e still parts avalable, this tractor would be worth putting back to the way it was if posable.

Paul I'm in the process of doing a light refurb on a hi/lo, won't get a chance to put up any pics until tommorrow or wedesday due to the upcoming storm. I was very lucky with the e-bay thing as several of the hard to find wear items were on ebay not long ago. Not much availible new. Nice score!:p

Here's a picture of the one on the Big Ten that I put together: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/2_into_1/high_low2.jpg[/img] Here's the Owner's Manual for one: http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/high-low/high-low.htm

Thanks Kent,I'll be lookin for one of those. what is on the drive pulle,looks like some kind of clutch, I haven't see that on any of my other tractors, but I do see it on yours and the 101 i just got ? If anyone knows where I could get that setup like that please let me know Thanks

Fast Paul are you talking about the pull rope starter on the drive pulley on the side of BVG?? Or what other part that is on the side of the clutch. Benjamin

Yes right next to the pull start on that side of the pulley ,That half of the shiv moves you can turn it by hand while holding the pull start?

The standard drive pulley is in two pieces with a piece of clutch material between. That's to provide smooth clutch engagement, instead of jerkiness. So, you're just spinning the outside half when you spin the starter cup...

You better start plans for another garage or an addition to the one you already have:D Once the ball starts rolling on finding & bringing em' home its hard to get stopped...

Another great tractor find Paul. That 101 looks to be in good shape compare to the one I have with two flat tires and stiff steering.:( Soon you will have tractors sitting outside under tarps. Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]

Nice Haul. You don't find things like that around here. Not sure why, but simplicity and allis are rare around this area