Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

seat pan

dewayne

Hy members, the pan on my 917 doesn't seem to fit like I think it should. It seems to far forward and the brackets don't seem to be bent. There is no way a tire chain would ever clear the rear part of pan. Standard 23x10.50x12 tires. Any ideas? Thanks! dewayne

Larry, Someone could have put a hitch from one of the older tractors on that one. The hitch on my 61 Wards is straight. The hitches on my 716H, 713S, and 7116H are all curved toward the rear. The seat pan on the older tractors also sat down between the tires, while the newer pans sit over top, there is probably a height difference also. I have 26x12x12 tires on one of mine. They clear the fenders, but couldn't use chains. 23x10.5x12 tires are no problem with chains on any of my three late model RBTs.

Sounds like Rod is onto it here. When I drug my B-112 outta the willow bushes and tried putting together i found the same problem. Didn't have all the info of this site back then to know for sure, but I welded ears on top of the uprights to get the seat pan on.

thanks guys, I had my neighbor take a look at it and we decided that after 26 years yjr pan was warped and cracked and welds on mount brackets were broke loose . so we squeesed,pulled,hammered and welded. now fits like new factory pan. I just needed a set of eyes. dewayne

dewayne, I totally forgot that when I first acquired my 716H, it also had broken welds and the fenders were bent in that area. I also straightened that area and beefed it up with new welds and some added bracing.