Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New member with a Deutz Allis 1920

Deutz1920

I just joined as a registered member and wanted to say I have read a lot of useful info on this site and am so glad to have found it. I just bought on ebay a second DA1920 for spare parts but realizing it is in better shape than my original. I am thinking of swaping out engines as the ebay one is siezed and my original is only 3 years old (just replaced when I got it). Looking for opinions, my original has been repainted JD green and has no more decals. The ebay unit is still all original paint and decals in pretty good shape. Do I just swap sheet metal or swap engines? Thanks! PS. Having a very difficult time finding attachments i.e. deck mounted vac/blower and cart. Can't seem to find out what newer Simplicity attachments will work. All I know is the Sunstar is the same as my unit.

Welcome to the club!! I have a 1920 also, Great tractors! If the one you bought on ebay is in better condition, and looks better I would just swap engines. You can always take the best parts out of the 2 tractors to make one good tractor. As for attachments, I have a cab and 47inch blower, and a 48 inch deck. The attachments arn't as easy to come by as other tractors. The decks and snowblowers are probably the most popular and easy to find, front blades arn't too hard to find either. As for loaders, 3pt, front hydraulics, rear pto's, or the tiller, good luck! I saw one vacuum collector on ebay a little over a mounth ago. I don't know if it sold or not, it was mounted on a tractor. Some of the Legacy attachments will interchange, some with out modification and some that would need a little modification. If you know how to use a torch and a welder, this won't be a problem. Hope this helps.

Swap the motor into your new tractor and then restore your older model when you have the money.You can get decals made and have a pair.

Hi Welcome to the Club! I have an Agco Allis 1920H( which was the version following the Deutz Allis 1920) It is a really nice tractor to run and operate! If I were you, I would swap the engines. Take Care Jason B

For the most part my old one was painted John Deere Green and a bad job at that. Seat is not original but runs good with a replaced KM20. Steering is sloppy but I just realized I was missing a spacer on the ball joint assy. Its nice to have a twin unit to see whats wrong as I am fairly new to this tractor business, although I think I've got the bug. And now that I have found a great resource here at Simpletractors I am confident to try to restore and maintain this great machine. As for my budget, it too was above but I just had to have it. While nothing is broken on my original 1920, I was too afraid to start spending money on attachments without knowing where spare parts would come from. Having said that I already want to fix them both, don't tell my wife... And as for painting them both orange that will never happen, I want the original Deutz Green. I see you have a whole fleet of tractors and they look great but I noticed the lead unit is a cross between yellow and very light green... well it's certainly not orange anyway.... Thanks guy's for all the input, it's great to know there are people out there willing to help out... Mark G.

Mark, I was just kidding about the Orange. I am a puriest and all of our tractors are painted with either Simplicity paint or (as far as the AC HB212) as close as I could get it. I also owned an Ultima 1920H for a short time. It was repainted AGCO orange with new AGCO decals. (There was an AGCO version of the tractor sold as a 1920H). A great tractor - keep the front end lubed, it was completely wore out and way too expensive to fix, and had an offer I couldn't refuse (tripled my money).

Thanks Mike, no offense was taken I just figured it was fun way to welcome the new guy. All comments are welcome and make one feel as if this is one big happy family of tractor lovers.. Mark G. (deutz1920)