Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity PowerMax 9020 lives on…

Simplicity PowerMax 9020 lives on… In my opinion there has never been or never will be a tractor of this size manufactured as tough. I’ve owned 9020’s & AC 720’s for over twenty five years and they are just unequalled! Following are my final pictures of the restored Simplicity PowrMax 9020. Gary PS Thanks to all for the complements! [img]/club2/attach/mikefox/P123001333.jpg[/img] Note the12V power source. [img]/club2/attach/mikefox/P12300155.jpg[/img] Dash decal now reads "Fan & Choke". Gas cap opening has door edge around the hole. No rust no chips. [img]/club2/attach/mikefox/P12300066.jpg[/img] Here she is... Ready for the front end loader. [img]/club2/attach/mikefox/P12300055.jpg[/img] Yep, I'm going to get her dirty someday soon. That's all folks

This is one of the Best restored tractors i have seen on this website.You have taken your time and the end result looks Great.......

Hi That is a beautiful looking PowerMax 9020 you have there! You did a real great job restoring it to it's orginal condition. I would be a little afraid to put it back into service after a restoration like that. Take Care Jason B

Think you could start your own Legendary Tractor Company due to the quality of your restoration. Your work looks outstanding. ^^ I particularily like some of the little extra touches like the door edging around the gas filler hole and special dash decal. Thanks for letting use see the finished tractor.

I agree with you those are one of the best built tractor for that horse power league.But it is still the best today in my opinion.Its the only tractor that will crack a smile on my dads face.Now thats hard to do on that old fool
quote:
my dad once said he would rather have a simplicity power max than a brand new truck.

sorry for this reply when i just made one.got any before shots.your rely good sunny boy you could make lots of money i did that must plow nice dont make it a trailer queen i hate trailer queens so get it down n dirty. test it see if it runs as good as it looks.you can fix it if it brakes.even a blind squirle finds a agcorn every once in a while thats a real nice agcorn then.

Never seen a new one but your restore job sure could compete. Nice machine, now get that loader on it and get some dirt on that shine.:)

A "NEW" powermax. That's something you don't see very often. Beautiful job there Gary. Now it looks as good as it runs.

When I saw the pics, two words came to mind: Museum-quality. I think I'd have to say that that's perhaps THE nicest restoration I've ever seen on this site. The photography was good too. I don't think I could bear to get it dirty either, though. Thanks for the pics, Peter

That looks GREAT make sure to take care of her My dad has a 720 that needs worked on now that you have some time LOL

Wow, what a great job you did with your tractor. Now that you are finished, I suppose you want to get started on mine????? One thing I've noticed about restored tractors over the years - it's OK that they have some dust on them. It's OK that the paint is scratched from your shoes. It's OK that they dribble some oil on the engine. People will still drool over them. Tractor guys still like to use their stuff, not like the car guys where they don't even like to start their engines for fear of messing the chrome. Once again, great job on the restoration. Wait until my wife sees these pictures - she will be very nervous that I'll attempt the same. (Although there is no way I have your talent)

You did a wonderful job Gary! I did get a picture printed and hung on the board. Thanks for sending them :) Brenda

• 6 months later...
I just ran across this looking for parts for my AC 620. That is one of the best, if not the best resto's I've seen and I teach auto restoration at a local college.