Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

WELL! i think that i should go with majority rules

Jeff Walters

I use ATF type F whenever I flush and fill. You can use Dexron 3 if not just topping it off and are doing a complete fill. Manuf would really like you to use Simp multi pupose hydro fliud. The only thing I wouldn't do is mix these fluids together.

Jeff, Please use the classifieds to specify your "wants" -- I'm not going to PM you again, warning you. I'm just going to keep on deleting your posts. Kent

Jeff, this is like the 3rd or 4th post you have made which basically refers to the exact same topic. May I suggest that it would be better if you could just continue replying to the initial message about "trans oil" and that way it keeps the whole topic together instead of all over the place. MDB, Some of the info on the chart looks wrong to me. They call for SAE 90 gear oil in the 3 speeds while on the 900 AC 3 speeds they call for the "multi-purpose hydualic oil." Shouldn't these transmissions both use the regular gear oil?

The Simplicity Large Frame Service Manual on pages 14-2 and on 14-21 Recommends the following hydraulic fluids for the Sunstrand series 15: Type A, Type F, or Dextron, or Simplicity Multi Purpose Hydraulic Fluid. According to the book, any of these should work!