Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Shade of Gray

MPH

Not a much talked about color around here but wondering what shade of squirt can gray might come close to the hood on my 3314. Thanks.

I have noticed the gray shade, instead of the usual cream color for other tractors. It is such a light gray, that I haven't seen any rattlecans of that color. I have found that True Value - Navajho White very closely matches the original cream on my 700/7000 series tractors. You may have to go with a cream color, unless you want to have the color specially mixed by an auto body shop. The later models used cream color on the hoods.

My 3410 is the same color. It looks gray in certain lighting, but more almond in other lighting. I don't know what color it really is.

I found a can at true value called "Heirloom White" that I like. It's an off shade of white more to the grayish side not almond like antique white. I don't have a can right now and don't remember the brand name.

You fellas looking for the right shade of cream paint can get it at any AGCO farm equipment dealers. That same shade was used quite extensively on Allis Chalmers farm tractors - mostly on the wheels. I've repainted a couple of old Allis tractors and purchased my paint through AGCO. Comes in cans, qts, or gallons.

I have had a few of these, some have the light grey and some have the cream color. I have not been able to match the grey either....

I painted the hood on my 3410 almond as mentioned.For the off white on the 2110,Navaho White from RustOLeum was right on.