Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

planetery hi low option

FastPaul

I diden't know this,but the 82 year old local Simplicity dealer I was talking to today told me that the hi low was a dealer option.They installed them for the use of the snowthrower he also told me good luck finding one,but i'll still be looking

Can't vouch for the statement of dealer only options, but they were "an option" and easily attached. IMO they were well built and did a good job. As far as availiability goes, they are out there but most often you have to wait till someone parts out a tractor to find one.

I have one on a B12. I had a pair of B10's a couple years ago with them but didn't really know what I had and let them go cheap. 1 on the tractor.

I am courious what the going price is for a good used one? I havn't seen one sell in a long time. I may have a lead on a hi-lo that is going to be removed from a parted out B12. Mark

depending on condition they normally go for between 200-300. Ron, there is a diff. between the 2 speeds from the round hooded and 100/200 series tractors and the setup's for the small framed Broadmore and 207/208 series. And they arer'nt interchangeable.