Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

my deck id # is 1690502 ! what size is it ?

Jeff Walters

There's about a dozen different ways to go about this. You can pull out a bearing and take it to a local decent auto parts place and match it, go to a local bearing supply place and match it, or take the # you just listed or the tractor # to a Simplicity dealer and get them, or call one of our sponsers whom most are dealers and order them. As for what size is it, I dought you'll be changeing the bearing with it on the tractor, so while it's off line the blades up and measure across the cutting width and see what size deck it is. You can also use your # to download the manuals for the deck and then you'll know how it breaks down, how to adjust it, how to install it to the tractor for proper operation and how to replace the bearings. It's easy for me to take your # and look up the info for you, it's just as easy for you to do it. BTW, we don't mind helping out, but most of the info your requesting is listed in the manuals mentioned above and like this information, is free for the takeing.

Jeff Walters you can look up this information just vas well as the rest of us. On the home page in the right hand Column is a box with this in it. Search for Manuals at Simplicity Mfg. MFG NO: in the box under MFG NO: type in your MFG# 1690502 and then click search. a list of manuals will appear click on View PDF to down load the manuals and you will get all of the info you need first hand. By the way a question will get more response than a demanding statement. This is a question mark ? this is an exclamation point ! at the end of a demanding statement. The 1690502 deck is a 48" deck. How did I get this INFO? By downloading manuals and READING them You can find just about everything you need to know about these tractors on this site and parent site SimpleTrACtors all you have to do is read it.