Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Local Simplicity/Allis tractor clubs

Kenh

Does anybody know of a Simplicity/Allis tractor club in the north central Iowa or south central Minnesota area. I've done some looking on the net and calling some of the dealers around but haven't found any yet. Ken

Well if I were you, I would spend the $10 a year to become a member here. With 13 post's under your belt, I'm sure you have know what info you can get here. Aside from that, we are working on setting up local chapters. I'm not sure how many members are from Iowa, but I bet there's at least a few. Plus the local chapter for you mite include a few states. Stick around and enjoy the ride :) Elon

Hello !! Kenh .I have been a member for 4yrs. here, wouldn't change it for any thing, I don't put alot of post here because, Most of my question are ansewered just by reading though the forms on the site. I live in eastern Iowa, Have NO! need for other clubs!! Also I don't like the idea of spliting into chapters, Theres nothing wrong with the site as it is......my 2 cents................Dave

Ken, as the Nike commercial says, "Just Do It". I have never met Dave or Matt, in person, but the three of us are putting together a weekend get-together listed as "Spring Fling" in events and gatherings. We are coordinating everything thru this site. I have a feeling that if it is a successful event, that it will become an annual affair. We may have it at different places and try to include some other type of entertainment. We are just going to start small and let things develop. We already have people from VA, NC, TN and WV who have said they will be there. We have some maybe's out of OH, CT, MD, and VT. We may see a few more states represented by the time it actually happens. "If you build it, they will come."

quote:
Originally posted by Just_Me
Also I don't like the idea of spliting into chapters, Theres nothing wrong with the site as it is......my 2 cents................Dave
I see your point, and IMO having local chapters would add to the greatness of the club. Another situation is the insurance. It may come to, that we can only get a policy to cover a local chapter, and not the whole club. Not much would change if the local chapters does happen. Elon

quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld Another situation is the insurance.
Yeah, if we have a local chapter up here, I may need more life insurance if Elon keeps bringing tractors home.... Melanie knows who I am! :o):o)

Now boys what is that supposed to mean:X. You have no faith in me! It would not be you I'd harm but Elon would know how mushy the tent is in the spring with sleeping bag in hand, if you get my drift! ;) LOL.... You guys are some good people! Melanie

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
quote:
Originally posted by ehertzfeld Another situation is the insurance.
if Elon keeps bringing tractors home....
[:0]Hey, I haven't brought home a tractor in a few months![:0] Elon

quote:
Originally posted by mhertzfeld
Elon would know how mushy the tent is in the spring with sleeping bag in hand, if you get my drift! Melanie
Well at least the tractors wouldn't steel my side of the bed![:0]:D:o)}:):p I don't think I'll be brigging home any more tractors for a long time after that one!:( Elon

Ken, you likely won't find a local club specifically for Simplicity or AC garden tractors, but I would think if you go to some vintage equipment shows you could find an Allis equipment club or a gas engine club which would be happy to have garden tractors owners join.

Mark, glad to meet you! Isn't it amazing to find somebody so close to home with the same interest!! I'll give you a call sometime or stop over. 3 miles, I still can't get over it! Ken

quote:
Originally posted by Kenh
Mark, glad to meet you! Isn't it amazing to find somebody so close to home with the same interest!! I'll give you a call sometime or stop over. 3 miles, I still can't get over it! Ken
I can see an Iowa branch start form already.8D8D

Just like Spring Fling 2006, get three guys together who have never met before, start talking on this site, decide to get their hands dirty and do it, and now we have a get-together. Kind of hard to make this into a local chapter, since we have people from SC, VA, TN, MD, WV, CT, GA, and a few more states who have said they are coming. We just can't seem to keep things local. After all this is a National/World club.:D:D:D Even with the three of us it is not local. Four hours from my place to Matt's, then another two and a half hours to Dave's house. Hard to get together for local meetings with those distances. We do have the perfect meeting place, right here!!

:DSometimes when Tom Byrne and I have a meeting, there is only 2 of us in attendance, ;)4 if you count Gail and Karen:D. But we have had guest speakers come too!!! 2 that I can think of off the top of my head are Ambler and Kirk;). ;)AND, we have had field trips!!!! The very first time I met Tom was at the 'Ol Allis dealers store:D. So that was our first field trip!! (but the location will remain secret!!) I have had the pleasure of other meetings here too. I think the first was Dan and Lisa, Ambler and JamesK. So never miss the chance to meet other members even if just to sit and jaw over a cup of coffee. Not to mention the ones I've met on the road. Joe