Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

It's Green.......

MDB

I had to think long and hard about this thread before I posted it, even checked first with Kent to see what he thought. I mean stuff like this could get a guy thrown out of some places.....[:0] Yup it is that bad.......B), BTW, it is not mine, belongs to a customer..... Well, here goes...

Simplicity Model 990509 Trailing Mower Frame

With Simplicity Model 990502 48" mower deck

Complete with Model 23D Briggs engine, even has OEM Nelson muffler

Starts and runs good, deck runs quiet. But why did they have to go and paint it Green?B)

quote:
Originally posted by CarlH
Mike, When is it going to be yours? Then you will be able to make it the correct color!
That could take a while, but I'm working on it......:D:D

Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it matches your GREEN 4020 sitting in the background.'sides that there aint nuttin wrong with green paint. LOL ken

quote:
Originally posted by vfd702
Duhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it matches your GREEN 4020 sitting in the background.'sides that there aint nuttin wrong with green paint. LOL ken
GRRRRRR....I'll see you in the morning......

quote:
Originally posted by Kent
Well, that's one way to get a JD to mow well... tow a Simplicity deck behind it.
Well, you might be on to something there...Them JD guys would have to paint it GREEN though, they have an image to maintain.....;)

Aside from the color, that's a pretty slick rig. I've never seen one before. Just don't park it outside the coffee shop, that would be bad for our image.:D:D:D

Someone was just disapointed that there John Deere couldn't keep up with the Simplicity, so they had to paint it green so it looked like John Deere was the best. LOL We sold some 8000 series Allis tractors to a guy new back in 1983. His blood was green, so when he got the tractors home, he had them painted green and had John Deere decals put on them, he didn't want his neighbors to know he bought a better tractor!

You need to find out where the other two units are. Didn't those gang up into 3 tow behind units to pull along? I have seen 2 sets of 3 before at auctions, but were pretty altered, wrong engines etc., plus sold for way more than I was willing to give for something so messed up. Tim

Wait a minute! Why is everyone talking about "orange"? Mike is a FDT fanatic. He doesn't even want orange around his place. For him it has to be "yellow". Orange is the RBT color. The only letter he learned in school is "B". }:):D:D:D}:)

" Orange is the RBT color" Gonna have to disagree with you on this statement Rod, My 725 is orange as is my Landlord and they sure don't have any of that wasted metal on them.^^:D

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
Marty, I was talking about Mikes stable, which are nearly all "B" series AC tractors.
Except for the 725, 3212-V, 3212-H, 3314-H RBT.......

OK, I plead stupidity. Sorry Mike, I wasn't aware that your fleet was integrated with that much orange.:I:I Guess I had just seen the yellow side of the family. I assumed that all you had now were yellow, and we all know what "assume" means.[:0]

quote:
Originally posted by HubbardRA
OK, I plead stupidity. Sorry Mike, I wasn't aware that your fleet was integrated with that much orange.:I:I Guess I had just seen the yellow side of the family. I assumed that all you had now were yellow, and we all know what "assume" means.[:0]
Being a little rough on yourself there Rod[:0] Remember I just admitted that I have an RBT in the stable........B)[:0]:D