Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Johnny Bucket users

Boney

I've had one about 7 months on a Cub 124 (sorry) and love it. I moved a lot of rip rap with it about 200 yards to the waters edge and lately moved 5 tons of crusher run for the floor of my new tractor shed, I'm always using it to move stuff like tools and such. Very handy. Mine was the first one John bilt with the power lift on the small frame cubs (There's a picture of it on his web site) My only wish was that it would lift a little higher but it works as advertised. Read Kent's expose on his...it sold me. Good luck Mike

I have a Johnny bucket on my 3416 with a manual lift and love it. My only complaint is the manual lift. Moving rocks or stone dust gives my left arm a work out. I have moved rocks, stone dust, sand, gravel, loam, and horse manue with no trouble at all. I would like the bucket to lift higher, but with a manual lift, I set the bucket up to give my arm the most advantage. The result of the better leverage was a lower lifted height. The bucket is very handy and I would not give it up. I hope to upgrade the tractor this spring and plan to keep the bucket. In addition to Kent's write up I believe Smilinsam did a write up as well. Sam's write up may have been a reply to a post. I bought my bucket off another member. The only reason he was selling was because he was having a loader built for this tractor. Rick.........