Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Drive shaft dics ?

Glacier

Would it be improper to use the fiberglass dics on the drive shaft for a Big 10 ? Or Do I need to find a pair of the rubber ones. Either way I guess I need to find a pair of either ones. Anyone out there have a set of either for sale ?

I installed the fiberglass disks on the driveshaft of my 61 Wards (Simp 700) over 15 years ago. Still running fine with no problems. Just get the disks and the special washers and bolt them on. Disks for any of the large frame tractors will work. Take them of an old machine, or buy then new from one of the sponsors. You can find the part number on the Simplicity site. Just look up a later model tractor like a 700 AC or 7000 Simp to find the number. Just input 400 and scan thru the documents till you find the right one.

Jeff, The fibre-glass flex coupler discs were a Simplicity factory mandated upgrade to the rubber ones as far back as 1975 when I worked for a Simplicity dealer as a "bald-faced boy" (LOL). They are the only and still current PN available to replace the old problematic rubber generation ones. Tom (PK)