Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sunstar Loader(updated)

rocko

Hi, had to put my loader project I started this spring on hold up till around two weeks ago. Just thought I'd shoot a few pics of my latest progress. Lots of work yet to go.

The bucket turned out to be a bit larger than I anticipated. If it turns out to cause problems I left myself the option to cut her down to a smaller capacity(see felt marker lines on bucket).

Looks like you got a good start on that project,You've got my wheels turning that could be a future project for me,Keep the pics. coming,WE love pics.!

Good looking loader Mark. I wouldn't worry about the bucket being too big, when working heavy material just don't fill it up, that way when your doing light wt work with it you have more room.

Mark: That looks at least as good as my factory loader. Was it you that I promised pictures and dementions from mine? Somebody here in Michigan asked, (I think early last year), and I promised to get them. Then promptly lost track of who it was,B)B) PM's were cleared, and I hoped he would get back to me.:(:( If it was you, you certainly didn't need anything from me. If it was someone else please let me know. I'm not really rude, just really, really, dumb.:I:I

Hi, thank you all for the nice comments. This project has left me scratching my head ALOT. The plans I purchased were designed around a Cub Cadet so I had to modify them to fit my particular application and taste. Dave, this wasn't really a kit I bought a set of plans on line and just ordered the material from a local supplier. Hey John, yes it was me that contacted you no biggie though I stopped working on it shortly after and didn't get back to it until now. I still may need some pics of the pump mounting bracket though. Joe, haven't quite gotten to the brace yet. I would like to incorporate it into the pump mounting bracket similar to what the factory does. I've seriously been brain storming on how to couple the pump to the front PTO and I think I'm on to it now. A fella from Baum Hydraulics hooked me up with a chain and sprocket set up I believe to be similar to what Simplicity used but for about 1/5 the price. Hope it works.

Hi That is a great looking Loader you have on your Sunstar! You have done a great job so far on it! Keep up the great work! I am looking forward to seeing it when it is completed. Take Care Jason B

Rocko, ;)I dealt with Baum years ago, and couldn't find better prices or service any where!! And they keep in touch after the sale too, with specials and such. You might also look into a Love-Joy coupling too;). They are a bit more forgiving than the chain couplers.

You are one heck of a good welder.That loader looks as good as a factory loader as others have said.Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming.