Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lift rod for Sun Star

roma3112

Fellas just picked up a sunstar today (pics /post to follow)four hours and 315 miles later she is still sittin in the back of my truck :( Well the machine came with a JBJR but the guy sold the lift rod when he got rid of the snowblower. Do any of you folks have one handy and could post a pic or two, and mabee some measurements? I want to try and make one if it is not too complicated.

You can just put the bucket on the ground with it attached to the tractor. Put some blocks under the front wheels to simulate the bucket digging below ground level. I'm guessing that 2 inches might be enough. Put the lift all the way forward. Fabricate a rod to fit in this position. I have made a couple of lift rods using flat bar, and just drilling a hole in each end and using bolts as the attachment. Some of the others would know exactly how far below ground level the bucket should go.

Congrats! on the new Sunstar, that must be the one from Chuck in Chester CN. I almost bought that JBjr off the tractor but he told me he gave the rod to the snowblower buyer. Now if I only bought the blower for $700.00 the JBjr would have followed. Oh well lucky for you..I called JB and they told me they did not make a trip dump for the Sunstar, only a hydro dump so I was leary about buying the one off that tractor. JB wanted $900.00 for the complete package with Hydro dump and another $100.00 for teeth for the blade. They also were going to throw in side rails to make the bucket bigger for lighter things like mulch. Let us know how the bucket works so I will know next time I see a JBjr from a Sunstar for sale.. Thanks Mark Gurney (deutz1920)

I purchased a 42 inch single stage snow blower for my sunstar. I have not really looked at getting it attached yet. Do I need to add some hyd lift parts / cylinder / hoses etc ??? to make it useful ??? I have not seen a snowblower mounted on a sunstar in years.. the snowblower has a bracket and the drive shaft coupling, but no other parts. How much trouble am I in ??? parts and cost wise ??? Is there a simplicity part number for what I still need ?? I can post pictures later to show what I have . Thanks scott

Mark yea I bought the sunstar from chuck in CT it is in fair shape and he wanted pretty much all it was worth, but throwing in the JBJR i think i did ok with the price. He was asking 900.00 for the deck I offerd him 450.00 he wouldnt take it. I will probably regret not getting it but I have mowers on my two sovereign(s) and I felt that with my uneven terrain the 60in deck would not cut as well as a 48in one. I am hoping for a break in the rain to get the machine off the truck :( David The Jbjr was definitely for that machine its a bit bit up paint wise but solid, Did you go and look at the machine? I looked in your profile do you have a sunstar already? I clicked onthe link above and it seems to be a lift rod for the type of tractor that has the lift arm on the side of the frame. On the sunstar I think the lifting point is underneath the machine. If any sunstar owners could chime in and let me know what they think. thanks >> john

Here is a picture of what you need. I don't know the dimentions right off, but if you can't figure it out let me know and I'll get under one of my tractors and get them for you.

The lift arm goes on the left side. If you look under the tractor the impliment lift shaft has a (sort of) triangular shaped bracket on the left side that the front lift rod hooks to. This is why the lift rod has the clearence bend on that end. Work the lift shaft as you watch it move and you will see what I mean. It may be easier to observe if you remove the drive train tunnel cover, then you can see it from above. I hope this helps some. Let me kow if you need more.

John thanks if you wouldnt mind looking, or if sombody already has one out and can post some measurements so i can fab ont that would be a great help! thanks v much john b just wish it was not raining cats and dogs here si I could drive it a bit :D

John, he would not budge on price for me either, I offered $500 for the blower and would not budge from $700. He was only getting bids of $350 on ebay. He said he did get the $700, I wonder if thats true. I offered $200 for the JBjr and he said $250 and I stalled due to no rod as I said. Let me know how it works and if it appears to be an exact fit for the Sunstar. As far as the deck he should of taken your offer, he will never get a better offer on that. My spare parts DA1920 with siezed engine was $600 and the 60" deck and the rest of the tractor is in great shape. So much for a parts tractor, I have a line on a short block here in NJ, I just have to drive 2 hours to get it. Enjoy Mark Gurney (DA1920)

marck I paid all the machine was worth probably, the only thing other than the paint that botherd me about it was the lack of regular cleaning. There is greasy crudd all over it, Hopefully the engine and trans remain as strong as they seem now. As far as I could tell there was nothing on the machine that was mickey moused. I just need to figure out some way of making a lift rod, that is the only thing that I am worried about. take care john

i nearly bartered for that johnnybucket. from what i understand they wont fit a soveriegn without modification so i passed. Worked out ok because i am buying roma3112's johnnybucket.

See that if I would of bought that JBjr 3 weeks ago you both would be bucketless, well Roma would still have his. I'm glad I passed on it, I really need a loader for what I want to do anyway the JBjr would of only acted as a big dust pan for the yard. Hope it works out for both of you. If you know anyone with a loader for the Sunstar and wants to part with it and you guys don't want it pass them to me.. Thanks! Mark G.

it goes much deeper than the jbjr. I was interested in the sunstar too but was too rich for my blood. i picked up a 7112h a month ago and i see a post from roma that he was interested in it too. I think it worked out really well in the end. Everyone gets what they need. John